Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New Key - Won't Open Trunk

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SkaAddict 
#1 ·
Lost my Focus Key. Had to get a new key made and programmed. Big expense. [mad] Now the new key will not open the trunk - will not turn in the cylinder. (The remote trunk unlock works OK). Is this normal for new keys not to turn in the trunk cylinder ? Do I have to replace the cyclinder or get a new key made ?

#3 ·
SkaAddict said:
Does it work in the door lock and ignition cylinder, or were they replaced when you got the key?
None of the cylinders were replaced. The new programmed key works fine in the front doorlock and in the ignition. Just won't work in the trunk cylinder. The "valet" key made as the first step for making the programmable ignition key also work in the door lock but doesn't turn in the trunk cylinder.

#4 ·
Out of curiosity, have you not used the hatch lock cylinder in a long time and instead used the wireless entry system? I know that the lock cylinders can sieze without occasional use...you might want to try getting some graphite powder and injecting it into the cylinder and see if that improves anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.