HELP - need a fuel pressure sensor - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 262025
What I Drive: 2000 Zetec

Points 19, Level 1
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 Rhubarb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
HELP - need a fuel pressure sensor

I have 2000 zetec DOHC. My fuel pressure sensor which bolts to the fuel rail is leaking gas through the vacuum line into my intake. i have disconnected it and plugged the lines. However it is still leaking gas around the lower vacuum line connection. The leak is bad enough that i am worried about the potential for fire,

No parts store have the fuel pressure sensor available. No where online either. i have not had much luck at junk yards. they say they do not deal with sensors. i even called the ford dealership and they said they cant get it.

Does anyone know where i can find a fuel pressure sensor??? Anyone have one they are willing to sell? Any help would be greatly appriciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 165410
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus zx5

Points 54, Level 1
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 DangerRanger Good Standing Member
Fuel Sensor

I have one here that my son broke the clip part on it so you have to wrap a wire or something to keep the plug in. I got another from local yard when I got the hose line so I could make a fuel pump pressure tester. I put that one on but I still have the other. It still works okay it just needs something to keep the wire in. You don't have any junk yards in your area where you can go take a part off yourself? This one's not too hard. I think with 8mm socket wrench short extension and a hacksaw blade you could have one off in 5 - 10 minutes. Use the socket to take off the 2 screws ( don't lose the little blue O-ring ) and if the plastic clip is too hard to get off in the yard then just cut the rubber covered plastic line with hacksaw blade. I know the vacuum line will be hard but only to get it to move . I had to use needle nose pliers to break it loose. Just chop that with the blade too if you have to. Boom, you got a sensor
Old 11-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 241874
Points 3, Level 1
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 stratsurvivor Good Standing Member
Oh man. I lost the O ring. Replacement suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRanger View Post
I have one here that my son broke the clip part on it so you have to wrap a wire or something to keep the plug in. I got another from local yard when I got the hose line so I could make a fuel pump pressure tester. I put that one on but I still have the other. It still works okay it just needs something to keep the wire in. You don't have any junk yards in your area where you can go take a part off yourself? This one's not too hard. I think with 8mm socket wrench short extension and a hacksaw blade you could have one off in 5 - 10 minutes. Use the socket to take off the 2 screws

don't lose the little blue O-ring )

and if the plastic clip is too hard to get off in the yard then just cut the rubber covered plastic line with hacksaw blade. I know the vacuum line will be hard but only to get it to move . I had to use needle nose pliers to break it loose. Just chop that with the blade too if you have to. Boom, you got a sensor
Lost the O-ring. Any suggestions on easy replacement? Ford dealer can get a pack in a week or more...
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.