Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rev Hang

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  zetecDon 
#1 ·
Hello, has anyone else noticed really bad rev hang on their focus? I have a 2009 se coupe and was wondering if there's anyway to eliminate the rev hang, I am tiered of waiting for the revs to go down when I am shifting without the clutch..

#4 ·
I've figured out a way around it. Double clutch. Say you shift into neutral and you have that annoying as shit rev hanging, simply depress the clutch again and the revs will drop. At least it does in my '09.

#9 ·
Yeah i had the same problem in my 08 got the 93oct tune from fswerks and told them i had bad rev hang they changed some timing in the tune and it slighly fixed it. The stock flywheel is about 22-23lbs the light weight flywheel weighs about 12.5lbs less mass equals less energy required to slow it. It will run you about 375+ shipping and depending on if you install it yourself about 250-300 extra for labor.

#10 ·
Couldnt you lower the idle and get it to drop?

When i set my neu-idle rpm and drive-idle rpm to high mine will hang but if i set it really low like 650 it drops like a rock and feels as if its about to stall.

It never stalls because the idle control valve or what ever that thing is opens and keeps it running but i can get it to drop fast by just adjusting the idle settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.