Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mystery Cable by Fan

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2012 Focus Titanium used with 8000 miles and over the weekend when temperatures were around 85-90, it started to overheat when in some traffic with the A/C on.

I do NOT think it should do that and I checked the water level and it was maybe a very small amount low (it was on the low line and I filled it to the high line). I was not in traffic after adding that little bit of water added so I am not sure if that fixed it or not. If anyone has comment on that, I welcome it...

But, when investigating the heating issue, I found a cable dangling down by the radiator fan. It looks like it ought to plug in to something but the cable is pretty short and I could not find anything that looked like it needed something plugged in to it.

Attached are 2 pictures of it and I am hoping someone can tell me what it is and where it goes and maybe it would affect the heat up issue too?

Thanks much in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just bought a 2012 Focus Titanium used with 8000 miles and over the weekend when temperatures were around 85-90, it started to overheat when in some traffic with the A/C on...
Hi belstsrv,

You sound like a pretty handy person, but you should always feel welcome to drop by your local Ford Dealership for assistance. They'll be happy to check out your Focus and get it in tip-top shape. I can also check out some options to help; just send a PM my way with your details and I'll do the rest. Be sure to mention your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Crystal

#5 ·
Honestly because I was 2 hours from home with a car that seemed to be overheating and a cable right in the vicinity of the fan hanging there looking for something to plug in to [:D]

I figure if someone says "Hey, look to the right and plug it in", then I do that and keep on trucking...else...go to dealer.

#7 ·
I've never thought that, they quickly always pretty much made it loud and clear we were enemies. Why I would be screwing with a brand new car too. Letting them touch it is a mistake, the techs are not smart enough any more.

I see the end of a physical bump limit switch sticking out there. Gotta go to something.....maybe warp drive.

Does car have antitheft? Maybe to hood latch assembly. Something has to move to trigger that arm...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.