Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Same engine mounts 1.6 / 2.0 Zetec?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
Hi,

Anyone knows if I can use the 1.6 L engine mounts for my 2.0 Zetec MTX75 setup? It´s especially the lower gearbox mount and the upper passenger side mount that I´m interested in.

The reason I ask is that I´m trying to find some fresh ones second hand but when I type in my reg nr engine mounts for all engine sizes shows up, they look the same but there might be a differences anyway?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Why not just go with new? If the 1.6 is anything like the 2.0 then you'd definitely would want to go with a new one since its known for these to go bad and cause vibrations. If the lower mount is similar as well then you'd want to go new with that one has well.

#3 ·
I just don´t think it´s worth it, that´s why. The car is worth maybe 2400 Euro and the lower mount cost about 100 Euro and the passenger side mount is very hard to get hold of where I live (sweden) and the best price I have found yet i 240 Euro.

Both second hand with maybe 50000 km on it would cost me 100 Euro and I´m not planning to keep the car for more than maybe a year...

But if you have any good Ford focus internet stores that ship to europe for a reasonable sum I would really appreciate it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.