Focus Fanatics Forum banner

i don't know where to start??

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pvttaylor07122 
#1 ·
I just bought my 03 svt focus and it has some problems Idk if one thing is causing it all i know my imrc is stuck open when i plug the mass air flow in i get horrible gas mileage o2 sensor is running rich and when its cold it jerks really bad and dies sometimes at stop also had a rough idle and no power at all

#4 ·
Moved to Technical Chat

I just bought my 03 svt focus and it has some problems Idk if one thing is causing it all i know my imrc is stuck open when i plug the mass air flow in i get horrible gas mileage o2 sensor is running rich and when its cold it jerks really bad and dies sometimes at stop also had a rough idle and no power at all

I'm not sure what your saying here? Bad gas mileage can be caused by the IMRC being stuck, MAF being dirty, or bad O2 sensor. Try cleaning the MAF with some MAF cleaner, that may fix it running rich and the O2 sensor may just be reading rich due to that. Running rich will cause bad gas mileage. I'm pretty sure that when the IMRC is unplugged it's stuck in short runner mode not long runner mode too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.