Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   General Technical Chat (
-   -   Need help with a hose. (

anarchy0392 11-12-2012 02:55 PM

Need help with a hose.
Hi there. On my ford focus I am having a problem getting a hose off. I'm not sure what the hose is called and am in dire need of help. Here's a video of a guy with the same problem and no one has been able to help him yet either. Thanks so much for any help you guys can give.

TerryB 11-12-2012 03:12 PM

That' s the PCV hose. I just did mine two weeks ago. The clamp is easy to get off. You have to squeeze it and it will open up. I threw it in the trash and put a small hose clamp on the new hose. Where ir connects to the metal pipe, I sliced it with a razor knife and cleaned the surface. On installation, I put some WD40 on it to slide on easier.

anarchy0392 11-12-2012 03:20 PM

I have the one side slid off but I've used needle nose, regular pliers, side cuts, channel locks, vice grips and none of them could get it off. What can I do about it?

TerryB 11-12-2012 03:29 PM

Try it from underneath. I went through the same problems. It's kind of pinched on like the clamps on a CV boot. There are two spots you have to get at. I may have used a flathead screwdriver to pop it out. I know I had a bunch of tools out.

anarchy0392 11-12-2012 03:44 PM

Okay, I'll try that thanks.

TerryB 11-12-2012 03:50 PM

Here's a thread where it was just pulled off. The intake manifold is made of hard plastic. So there's really high torque on the clamp.
* I meant there's NOT high torque. But you already got it off.

anarchy0392 11-12-2012 04:17 PM

Wow nice I looked forever to find a how-to for this. Well I used flat cuts on one of the bumps on it and it came right off. -_- thanks for the help

capgrover 11-12-2012 06:32 PM

This forum is so helpful I just found that my hose is flat too and will be changing it out very soon.

DerbyDave 11-14-2012 11:47 AM

I just replaced the PVC hose on mine and didn't want to buy the over priced ford part so I took a gamble and bought the dorman part 46031. It says that it only fits up to 2000 but it worked fine on my 2002. I too junked the OE clamp and used a regular hose clamp on the new one.

capgrover 11-14-2012 05:08 PM

I looked up part 46031 and found a floor mat.I was going to go to Ford but now I probably wont

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.