Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   General Technical Chat (
-   -   Name that connector (

Nightclaw 09-20-2012 03:12 PM

Name that connector
My 04 SVT has gone though a major rebuild in the last couple weeks and I'm in the process of getting it all bolted back together today but I have hit a really stupid snag.

What is this connector for and why can't I figure out where it plugs back in?
I can post more pictures if needed.

Nightclaw 09-20-2012 04:46 PM

Figured it out. There is a similarly colored connector of the opposite gender on about 2 inches of wire underneath the fuel rail.

iminhell 09-20-2012 05:00 PM

Was going to say head temp sensor. But the SVT doesn't have one.

Knock Sensor must be what it's for then.

VEGAS 09-21-2012 03:56 AM

bah you don't need it... unplug them all :D

FocusGhia 09-22-2012 04:15 AM

Possible TPS (throttle position sensor) or VSS (vehicle speed sensor) connector.

mikebontoft 09-22-2012 04:46 AM

two wire sensor... yeah that's seriously all I have to say.

XPM5G 09-22-2012 01:25 PM

Haha, ironic! I replaced my starter this weekend and I ran into the same cord not being connected after all was sorted. Real quick to just pop the fuel rail off though and grab it up.

mikebontoft 09-22-2012 01:52 PM

Actually yeah that probably is the knock sensor... its right there just under the intake manifold

VEGAS 09-22-2012 02:07 PM

If you plug that into the Flux Capacitor DO NOT GO OVER 88mph!!

mikebontoft 09-22-2012 02:10 PM

if you do, just make sure your radio station is set correctly.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.