Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   General Technical Chat (
-   -   Help with identifying small hose (

glenbailey511 09-12-2012 05:49 PM

Help with identifying small hose
Could someone please help me identify the small hose indicated in this image? I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 with Zetec engine. I found this image on Focus Fanatics, it is not my car, but I have the same hose. It's leaking coolant but I can't find it in my Haynes book.


PumkinSvt 09-12-2012 05:55 PM

pcv valve

PumkinSvt 09-12-2012 05:56 PM

and it shouldn't be leaking coolant I think you mean oil.

TerryB 09-12-2012 05:57 PM

I think he's looking for the small elbow above the PCV valve. I've been looking myself.

glenbailey511 09-12-2012 06:02 PM

Yes, TerryB - looking for the elbow above the valve. It's coolant that is leaking, not oil. And it LOOKS like it's coming from where this is connected. Maybe coolant is leaking/dripping onto it? Definitely looks like it's leaking right at the connection though.

glenbailey511 09-12-2012 06:05 PM

Here's another picture I found with a little better view, though the picture is smaller.

TerryB 09-12-2012 06:21 PM

You most likely have a thermostat housing leak. Try a search on that.

oshoguno 09-12-2012 10:24 PM

Yes, thermostat housing leak. I had the exact same issue. If you can get it up on a hoist and look at it from the bottom you will see the trail.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.