Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus 2001 Wiper Stalk

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  cdwilks 
#1 ·
OK so I bought a Wiper stalk from eBay with the intermittent wiper speed change, fitted it, works fine apart from the intermittent part (why I bought it in the first place)

Will this never work in a 2001 focus? Can I buy a relay to make it work?

Any help would be great!

#3 ·
If someone can help you they will, some people ^^^ think that everyone here should be at their beck and call and answer everything as soon as they ask. Remember this is an open forum, NOT ford service center.

If someone has some advice they will post for you, those of us that have not had issues and have not had that part of our car apart, will view your post before they can determine if they are able to help. The number of views will always be higher then posts.

Reactions: disciplerocks
#4 ·
OK so I bought a Wiper stalk from eBay with the intermittent wiper speed change, fitted it, works fine apart from the intermittent part (why I bought it in the first place)
It should be an easy swap (as it was on my 2001 car although you have a Euro model, obviously.) The "intermittent function" is controlled by the wiper stalk innards so a relay is not required nor are any wiring modifications. It's a straight "plug and play" replacement.

Was it a genuine Ford part? Ebay parts can be of questionable quality sometimes.

#11 ·
Actually, the authenticity of the part isnt the issue here.

This upgrade is only "plug'n'play" with no wiring mods required, if your stalk connector plug is wired to all 10 pins.

My 2003 Zetec only has 9 pins wired on the Connector Plug. The Intermittent feature is wired to the #1 Pin... No 6-speed wipe for me !! [:(!]

So, I'm not sure what relay or wiring fixes are needed (perhaps sourcing a Ghia electronic control unit) but i'd like to upgrade this aswell... if its an easy thing to do.

Cheers.

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah it was a genuine Ford part.. It is possible it was a faulty part tho.. But bit odd everything else works fine on the stalk.

So basically I'm between a rock and a hard place, buy another one and risk it not working again or just accept it won't work. It's bugging me tho.

#9 ·
Price it out with Ford for a brand new one, sometimes parts are really cheap, like the antennae base for 1st & 2nd gen, I have seen so many people fighting to get one off a junk yard car in one piece so they can buy it for $7, and their faces drop when I inform them that a new one costs $12 at Ford.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.