Focus Fanatics Forum banner

04 Focus Intake disaster!!

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  tension001 
#1 ·
Hey i bought an intake for my girlfriends 04 Focus zts, intake just came with a pipe and a outlet for the vacuum, so i drove it around for about 10 miles, all a sudden 50% power loss, and if you floor it, it wont move at all, like my foot isnt even on the gas, i looked around the intake , and found there was a small connector at the bottom of the stock piping, i went around and no one can get a complete intake for this car, anyone have any ideas how i can hook up a custom intake and make the engine run fine?, is there anyway to bypass this sensor?, or is there a way to connect it to my custom intake?, please let me know asap , i was thinkin of gettin that piece of pipe with the sensor outlet part on it, and just cutting the intake inhalf, and puttin that pipe in the middle so it will read the air comming through, if anyone has any other suggestions let me know, thank you

#9 ·
i accidentally left my MAF unplugged when i cranked my car once.. If you tried to rev it it bogged and died....so uhhh guessing like everyone above either you left it out or didnt' hook it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.