07-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fall River, MA
What I Drive: 2005 Black ZX5
FF Reputation: 1
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0
Originally Posted by SD_ZTW
The procedure is a little different for 2000-2006 vs. 2007-2011.
Sit in car, doors closed:
1. Turn the ignition from "Off" to "Run" four times in six seconds. Key stops in "Run" position on fourth cycle.
2. Turn the ignition to "Off." The car will chime to confirm that you've done everything correctly so far. Key is still in ignition
3. Press any key on the first remote you're programming. Perform this within 20 seconds of Step 2. The car will chime to confirm programming.
4. Repeat Step 3 with each additional remote*, all within the 20 seconds. Remove key from ignition.
*The remotes should be inside the vehicle during the procedure (eg. all on front seat.)
1. Turn the ignition from "Off" to "Run" eight times in ten seconds. Key stays in "Run" position on eighth cycle. The locks will cycle to confirm that you've entered programming mode.
2. Press any key on the first remote you're programming. Perform this within 20 seconds of Step 1. The door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
3. Repeat Step 2 with each additional remote, within 20 seconds of the prior programming. The locks will cycle after each successful programming.
4. Turn the key to the "Off" position to exit the programming mode. Remove key from ignition.
Now I have two pads for my wife's car. Thanks guys, love this forum.