Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Odd Tail Light Problem

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Forty 
#1 ·
I recently bought a new pair of euro style tail lights to replace a discontinued style of euro lights that were on when I purchased the car (the cover of the right light flew off while I was driving down the interstate). When I tried to put the new lights on I noticed that the light harness didn't fit into the hole. I was pretty sure at first that the new lights had just been cut wrong or something so I prepared to ship them back (got em on ebay). I asked the seller about the problem but english obviously wasn't their first language. The more I looked into it the more I started to wonder if for some reason my harness wasnt the stock harness. All pictures on the Internet I could find of the entry hole (on all models) looked like the new pair I had bought. They all say they are supposed to be stock compatable, including the pair I have on right now. I'm wondering if anyone can varify if my holsters are stock or not (they do have a Ford stamp on them). There was a focus parked in a lot near mine and I thought about going up to the owner and saying, "Excuse me, do you mind if I take off your tail light?" but didn't... Anyways, take a look below and see what you think.

See less See more
#5 ·
judgeing by yer pic it looks like yer old light housing may have been moded to get the fixture to fit however this is not the first time I seen or heard of e-bay purchaced upgrades not having the greatest fit and finish. I thought about getting some projector style headlights with the halos but after seeing some of the fit and finish issues with parts friends of mine had with things they bought for thier cars I'm now looking to get ST170 headlights because they are ford parts so remember in most cases you get what you pay for

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.