Focus Fanatics Forum banner

trunk latch won't lock

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Focus Racer S2 
#1 ·
hey guys........ i opened my trunk yesterday....when i went to close it down. it would not close. i need help. any jetters close to me in florida?

#5 ·
I stand corrected. The description is very misleading, since it's being listed as "LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES:DOORS:LATCH". Seeing latches there twice, and lock once, I thought it included the trunk and hood latches. But the description does in fact state doors. Damn. But I'd still take it to a dealership. It's still worth a shot.

I'll be taking mine in soon also. The trunk locks and unlocks with the remote, but the trunk release button on the dash fails the unlock the trunk after repeated pressing. It's extremely annoying, but not too important since I can still use the remote. I'll have to see how much they'll charge me to get that thing fixed, and go from there...

#9 ·
I have to sorta slam my hatch to get it shut, but it doesn't have problems latching or anything. With the dash button, i have to lightly press it or the hatch won't open. If i gouge it into the dash, nothing happens. For you guys that are having a problem with the latch button, try pressing it lightly and see if it works.

#10 ·
I had that problem too dude. I have a ZX3 and there where times when my hatch would refuse closing. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the latch and I have had no problems of the nature ever since. And best part was my warranty covered it so you might get lucky. My focus is a 2002 BTW. You should check if you can fix it under warranty. Good Luck and hope it alls solves fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.