Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Any Nascar fans out there? Post Up...

37K views 229 replies 22 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
[welcome]

I looked for a Nascar thread but couldn't find anything. Hopefully there's enough fans on here to make this a fun ongoing thread.

I'll start by stating AJ Allmindinger is a DUMB[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]! He ruined his career and a Penske ride all bc he wanted to take prescription speed medication that's cleary against the rules & he knew so! You'd a thought he would have had a little more respect for the sport and learned my that idiot Jeremy Mayfields mistakes.

Went to the Brickyard last Sunday and it was AWESOME, really a great race! Johnson dominated and is now a 4 time Brickyard champion. I'm not personally a "five time" fan but you gotta give the guy respect, bc he's talented as hell, a class act and great for the sport.

Dale Jr's in the points lead for the 1st time since 10/2004 (GO JR NATION), now he just needs to win a couple more races and hopefully he'll win the championship! If not him maybe Smoke will repeat?

Anyone going to the Bristol Night Race on 8/25? Will be my 3rd year in a row and THE best place to watch a live Nascar race; IMO of course. Hopefully my man Tony "smoke" Stewart pulls out a win at Bristol! That'll make my Bistol 2012 weekend all the more better!

So let's hear from all you Nascar fans...

See less See more
#43 ·
went to the richmond race. this was the video i got. didn't stay for the whole race though because i came unprepared for rain and wet shoes and cold don't mix

#46 ·
Today at Chicago, I'm going with Smoke (my #1 driver) for the win!

As far as The Chase goes, if I were a betting man I'd put my $ on Denny Hamlin.

Would love to see Jr win today as well. Should be a good race!

#48 ·
Hornish has done an AWESOME job in the #22 every since dipshit/drug addict AJ Allmendinger decided he wanted to ruin his career. I think Sam Hornish got screwed by Penske not giving him a chance to run the #22 next year AND I'm not a Sam Hornish fan per say.

Well today at Chicago for the 1st race of the chase was good but kind of a boring race, IMO. Not a huge Gordan fan either but man that guy has NO LUCK what so ever this year! He was running in the top 5 all day until his accelerator pedal stuck halfway and put him in the wall. He had one the fastest cars out there and prolly woulda won?

I'm pulling for Smoke to repeat and compile his 4th championship or to see Jr finally win a championship!

Looking forward to next week at Loudon, always a good race! Post up your predictions next weekend before the race.

#49 ·
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that the champion will come from the Hendrick camp (including Stewart/Hass). They definitely have it going for them right now.

#50 ·
Out of the four Hendrick drivers I would realy like to see Dale Jr. win it. This chase is going to be very very close again this year. And out of the Roush drivers I have to stick with the Biff. [thumb]
Ok for my pick to win the chase......... Tony Stewart. After what he did last year in the chase, he is the champ untill someone takes it away from him.
[scratch]I see that nobody is picking a driver from Michael Waltrip racing. I think Clint Bower is the dark horse in the chase. With a little good luck who knows.

#60 ·
On a different note, Is RPM or the #78 guy's, Robbie Gordon or Phoenix racing going w/ Dodge next yr? Or anyone else? Is Penske going to keep building Dodge engine's? Or is Dodge going to buy Penske's Dodge engine shop? Their '13 car looks awesome.

#61 ·
Dodge announced about a month or so ago that is was leaving Nascar at the end of the season. There just weren't any viable teams available to make that continued investment in Nascar worth it in the near future. Nascar will be a three horse field for the foreseeable future.

#62 ·
Who do you think is going to win today race? I have to go with Smoke [woot], he is do for some good luck. Denny Hamlin also has a very good car but is starting to far back. I think the top Ford driver today is going to be Carl Edwards but I dont think he can win it....... but you never know. [thumb]

#63 ·
DVR'd the race to watch football. Just started watching the race (I'm at lap 31) and I hope for Smoke to win, but I have a feeling after last week Kyle Bush may just pull it off or Gordon. Anyone except 5-time!

#65 ·
OK guys & gals, the chase is heating up and my FAN pick for today is Smoke and I hope & pray he wins today!

My commentator pick is (I fricken hate saying it) but Mr. Five time Jimmie Johnson.

Guys to look out for...
Clint (the comedian) Boyer
4-time champion Jeff Gordon

#66 ·
Well my fellow FF Nascar fans we have a big wildcard race today at Talladega that could decide the chase. I'm pumped up & getting ready to start watching the race.

My #1 pick for today is Dale Jr since he's always good at Talladega and qualified decently.

#2 pick is Smoke with a great 4th place qualifying effort and has had a great car all weekend.

Just bought my tixs for the Martinsville race (#6 of the 10 chase races). Driving from Indianapolis, IN to Martinsville, VA (10 hour drive) but it will be well worth it. Love the short track racing!

Bogity, bogity, bogity; let's go Super Speedway racing!

#68 ·
Bayne for today's win.

Keselowski for the championship

I feel like the cameras are having a hard time keeping up with these guys

#69 ·
Really looking for a Ford victory though. But ones already got damage [facepalm] too bad for Edwards. Just isn't his season...

#71 ·
I'm a Ford guy thru & thru but when it comes to Nascar Smoke's my #1 and I like several other drivers, but the Ford guys... except Carl are non-interesting/boring even though they run good and in the chase, etc.

If I was in Vegas right now though, I'd be puttin my $ on Bowyer or Johnson for the championship (and I'm no 5-time fan/far from it).

#72 ·
Goodness. This is one of the most intense races I've seen all year. Even in the pits. Love talladega!

#75 ·
i didn't get to watch it :( but they were rolling pretty fast too. i did manage to catch the national anthem which was awesome.

its really hard to believe kurt busch brought RFR a championship...his attitude needs to change. as a first responder, i don't think they should have to deal with his mess. good on nascar for parking him.

#76 ·
I used to be a Kurt fan in his later days at Roush but he has really gone downhill in the past few years. I don't know if simply can't handle frustration or what but he is a case right now. It's a shame because he is still a good driver if only he could handle himself better and prove that he's worthy of a top tear ride again. Blowing your top doesn't make teams want you to drive for them.

#77 ·
my thoughts exactly. great driver, bad attitude. even his brother has learned how to contain that anger

lol harvick and biffle both ran 202...i remember when the cars struggled to get to 190. these things are hitting those speeds no problem.

EDIT: noticed that ambrose has been creeping up there too...maybe he can pull off the win? sure hope so

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.