precision turbo have so many lines.....y - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32085
What I Drive: 2003 Steeda ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 zx5kidd03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
precision turbo have so many lines.....y

why does my t28 that comes with the precision turbo kit have so many lines running off it.....i am trying to hook it up.....it looks like they are 2 oil feeds 1 coolant feed and 1 return oil feed.....i need help withthis install.....asap thanx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 19248
What I Drive: 2006 Subaru WRX STi

FF Reputation: 1 mike 1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Top is oil feed, bottom is oil return...the two sides are coolant in, coolant out. You could run them to the lines going to the heater core IIRC. Just cut a line, one end goes in the turbo, one goes out of the turbo and back to the coolant system. Basically, just put the turbo in between a coolant line, then extend the lines. Make sense?

Does it have to be liquid cooled? My T3 Super 60 from Tom isnt liquid cooled.

Mike S.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
it doesn't have to be. it usually makes for a longer living turbo though because a lot of heat gets removed through the bearings that way. but with proper maintenance, there's no reason that an oil cooled turbo can't last 100k miles
Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

your a life saver.......makes a lot of sense......so all i have to do is blck off the 2 side ones and connect oil and i am good to go?......do you kno what size the top one and the 2 sides are?.....that would really help considering i dont have a car runing right now.....thanx
Old 07-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10682
What I Drive: 04 ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 Damage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
There are many on here that know more about turbo setups than me. But why would you possibly not want to hook up the coolant lines? The turbo has provisions for it. It was designed with water cooling in mind. It isnt hard to hook up.....Yes many turbos last a long, long time with only oil lubricating/cooling but to my knowledge, they were designed that way. I guess I jsut dont get why you are trying to avoid it. But good luck either way.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

i think i am going to turn around and do it...i just need a how to....does it matter what coolan lines you tap into/.?.....i kno it is simple.....but i am a novice at best with this....just trying something.....i alrady have another block waiting for this to blow
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 19248
What I Drive: 2006 Subaru WRX STi

FF Reputation: 1 mike 1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally posted by zx5kidd03
your a life saver.......makes a lot of sense......so all i have to do is blck off the 2 side ones and connect oil and i am good to go?......do you kno what size the top one and the 2 sides are?.....that would really help considering i dont have a car runing right now.....thanx
No idea. There has to be a place you can go to get fittings. Just take your turbo in, get an AN fitting for the turbo with a fitting for an oil feed line. As far as the return, mine is a large "nipple" with a rubber hose going to the pan. My turbo came with everything though...

Didnt precision send you the fittings and instructions? If not, a quick call will get you the right stuff.

Re: Cooling, if Tom doesnt use the water cooling, Im sure theres a reason. If its of utmost importance, he'd certainly see fit to hook it up...

Mike S.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

had it then blew the motor....somethings went with the block cause i thought i was done with it

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.