procharger install - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3854
What I Drive: 2004 svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 richiejerzee4lfe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
procharger install

well, the install was easy BUT it was my first time with forced induction so it took me a while to do it. the instructions were pretty straight forward however, there were some things that needed to be added to them. i.e:
1) there are 4 spacers that come with the kit. (2) .38" and (2) .2". they tell you to put one .38" and one .2" on the input shaft that houses the pulley. it SHOULD read "install the .38" spacer, .2" spacer, pulley, .2" spacer." the pulley isn't suppose to move on the input shaft, i found this out the hard way. also the spacer that goes on after the pulley, is round inside. there is a metal bar that sits in the input shaft that the spacer HAS to go over. (this bar holds the pulley in place.) you need to cut a groove into the spacer so it slides over the metal bar and the input shaft goes into the bearing.
2) when installing the hoses and pipes for the intercooler, remove the battery and battery box. this makes the install SO much easier.
3) i think it says it but the rubber hoses need to be modified, you will have to cut SOME of them yourself. i only cut the ones from the intercooler to the first pipe and then the next hose connected to the next pipe.
4) there is an "L" shaped bracket the holds the supercharger itself. there is an idler pulley on one bracket and a hex head screw right under the idler pulley. you have to unscrew that screw from the other bracket to get the bracket with the bearing on the a/c compressor. this is the ONLY way you can get it on.
5) getting the intake pipe and air filter onthe s/c is a PITA. either take out the light from you right fog lamp or have A LOT of patience trying to install the set-up.
6) if you get the diablo mafia, and you'll need it, you'll have to watch out for the clearance between it and the hood. the pipe that goes into the tb that houses the maf, sits pretty high. either install the pipe as low as it will go or do what i did. i removed some of the stock fire proof blanket under the hood and dremeled away some of the hood that intereferes with the mafia. i then put some heat shrink wrap and electrical take on the connection to avoid chafing of the wires.
7) i only went with the 8 lbs. kit but i needed to set the mafia to setting 2. i had it on 3 but the car started and then died. i put it on 1 but the car was idoling rough. it's more of a guess and tune method. make sure the car is off when you change the settings.
8) the s/c is pretty loud. it has a whine accompanied by a hollow metal sound. when starting the car for the first time, let it run for about 2-3 min. turn it off and check for leaks or anything disconnected. then let it run for about 5-10 min.

my set-up:
procharger 8 lbs. kit
denso iridium spark plugs
ford racing plug wires
diablo mafia
8lbs tune from wayne at HIA
x cal-2
borla 2 1/2"
orp
boost gauge
t/c kill switch

all i'm waiting for is the break in period. i have noticed a differance in performance but won't know the extent until it's broken in. pm and i'll try to help you out if you need it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7784
What I Drive: 02 Black SVT; 03 Black Evo 8

FF Reputation: 1 blck01zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Good write up.

What do you mean with the spacers on the shaft? I only had two spacers, the pulley and a bearing. My key for the shaft was too long as well, my question is, did the key go the whole length of the pulley. Mine only went about half way down the pulley and stuck out of the top. I just trimmed my key down instead of cutting a key way in the spacer. Also I trimmed alot of rubber off of the air intake before the blower, it goes up in the fender way easier now. My Diablo MAFia clears the hood. Also the whine will get quieter as you break it in.
SVT squad #58
1221 of 4788

420whp SVT focus
383whp Evo VIII
Old 06-13-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12785
What I Drive: '04 Black P-chrgd SVT ZX3

Points 4,604, Level 43
Points: 4,604, Level: 43 Points: 4,604, Level: 43 Points: 4,604, Level: 43
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 UtahSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Good job Richie!! I gotta get up there sometime in the next few days and take a look so I can see (and hear) what I'm in for!!!!!!! Hooray for the FI'd foci in Utah!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

lol, let me know derek we'll set something up man.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

no my key didn't go the length of the shaft. i think it went almost to the top. this is why i said that the spacer that goes on after the pulley has to have a groove cut into it because that's the only way it will fit. O, BTW, i got my procharger from B16sir1991. Great customer service and he answered ALL of my questions.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

Points 12,236, Level 72
Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Let us know how the power feels after break-in. Also, dont forget what i said about the belt alignment, check it regularly to insure that its not riding up on the edge. Hope you enjoy it richie. I know i liked mine when i had it. What a rush. lol.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7784
What I Drive: 02 Black SVT; 03 Black Evo 8

FF Reputation: 1 blck01zx3 Good Standing Member
Its good to see more people with the Procharger now. Cant wait to see what kind of real power we can make with these things.
SVT squad #58
1221 of 4788

420whp SVT focus
383whp Evo VIII
Old 06-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #8

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
good to see another PROcharged SVT out there.......
Old 06-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21309
What I Drive: 95 BMW M3

FF Reputation: 1 Spec3VR6 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
heard alot of great things about Prochargers setup...centrifigual is the way to go IMHO. Good luck with it...and DYNO THAT SUCKER :)
Old 06-14-2006, 11:48 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33743
What I Drive: 2002 flat black zx3

FF Reputation: 2 pocus02x3 Good Standing Member
It is good to see more prochargers out there. I'm going to have mine up and going in about two weeks myself. I'll only be going to about 15 psi for that though. I'm waiting on a part thats going to allow me to safely go to 20-24 psi without worries. Should be around november or december for that but we should be seeing 350whp+ out of a procharger around that time. I'm hoping to hit around 300whp on 15psi but we'll just have to wait and see. about two weeks and I'll be posting some numbers.

Once again great job on the install and can't wait to see the numbers your making.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.