IS it Possible?????? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 29547
What I Drive: 2001 yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 loaddisk10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question IS it Possible??????

Is it possible to put a supercharger like 4agze or one out of a thunderbird in zetec??? With the right piping and brackets would it work or not. I am willing o try it but has anyone tried it? Just wondering?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 04:22 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
dude, only make one post about a subject. don't go posting the same thing in multiple forums. second of all, the mr2 never had a supercharger, it had a turbocharger. the thunderbird did have a supercharged model, but I think you're thinking of the turbocoupe, which was a turbo 2.3 4-cyl, same engine as the old mustang SVO. yeah, if you had the right turbo manifold, downpipe, piping, brackets, you could mount one of those turbos to your zetec, but there's a LOT more involved than bolting it on and driving off into oblivion
Old 11-18-2005, 07:12 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
There was a supercharged 3.8 esssex v6 based supercoupe with a supercharger. That was, iirc, in the 89-93 vintage. Is it possible - Yes, if you have enough time and money to throw at it. Frankly, for the time and money you'd throw at the problem - engine management, piping, fuel injection, etc., you may as well have bought one of the superchargers designed specifically for the zetec. Is your focus your primary means of transportation? If the answer is yes, then don't screw with it. If you have a second car, or the focus is a tweak to play with car, go nuts pal, the sky's the limit. Just don't complain when something goes wrong, which in all probability, will if you use a supercharger out of a car that's more than 10 years old.

Since I only have my focus, and depend on it to get to and from work, I have no intentions of screwing with anything under the hood. If I had another car to fall back on, should something go wrong, I would, but even then.
MacBook Pro 15"
Old 11-18-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Not to mention how much turbo technology has came in the last 10 years.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 11-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22162
What I Drive: 2003 liquid grey sedan

FF Reputation: 1 lg03focus Good Standing Member
mr2 had a supercharger in the early 90's
Old 11-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 29547
What I Drive: 2001 yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 loaddisk10 Good Standing Member
ouch! omg there was a supercharger for a thunderbird and a the mr2 had a supercharger the 4agze it was corallas too. I think it was the ae86 or something like that. I have never worked with those sc before but i know 4agze puts out 7pounds and its small but it was just me asking the experts. I will follow your advise and drop it but it was just a thought. I'm new at using forums so i posted the question in the wrong spot so i posted it in the right spot as one of the guys suggested. Hay thx though
Old 11-18-2005, 09:25 AM   #7
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

Points 12,236, Level 72
Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
lg03focus is right, my in-laws have a MR2 that is factory supercharged. The Eaton blower thats on the T-Bird Super Coupes is similar to the jackson charger but bigger. Its nowhere near worth what it would take to install it on a Focus, it would be cheaper to just get a Jackson kit instead or a base turbo kit.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:39 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
ok, I stand corrected, I was only aware of the turbo mr2s, didn't know there were supercharged ones

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.