Vortech, Powerworks or JRSC? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 27230
FF Reputation: 1 p0werm4n Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Vortech, Powerworks or JRSC?

Okay, I want to get a supercharger, but can't make up my mind on which one... I would consider a Turbo, but that is out of the question, because none of them are legal where I live.

From what I have heard, JRSC is one of the cheaper superchargers but it can kill your engine... Plus, didn't they stop selling them at the moment to fix a problem?

The Vortech, I haven't heard much about, except that it gives a little more HP than the JSRC and is safer on the engine.

The Powerworks gets all the thumbs ups here, but for 5000, that is a little steep..

Seems, like the Vortech is probably the one to go with... But I can't make my mind up, because I haven't heard anything from anyone that has actually used it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Points 41,489, Level 100
Points: 41,489, Level: 100 Points: 41,489, Level: 100 Points: 41,489, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Re: Vortech, Powerworks or JRSC?

Quote:
From what I have heard, JRSC is one of the cheaper superchargers but it can kill your engine... Plus, didn't they stop selling them at the moment to fix a problem?
Who told you that a JRSC would kill your engine this is one of the safest F/I option on the focus. I has a very nice TQ curve and with all the other bolt ons it makes for a very fun and safe ride

Quote:
The Vortech, I haven't heard much about, except that it gives a little more HP than the JSRC and is safer on the engine.
In stock form it will put out more HP & TQ then the Jackson,and the install is alittle more involed then the JRSC because it requires you to tap the block for the oil feed line, A plus to this kit is it has alot more room to grow

Quote:
The Powerworks gets all the thumbs ups here, but for 5000, that is a little steep..
You hit the nail on the head with this one. Its as safe as the JRSC and it has an intercooler. I can see this kit getting people into the sub 13's second 1/4 mile

Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section
Old 09-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

So, since the powerworks is probably out of the question (because it is 2k more than the other two)... Which one is a better choice, the JRSC or the Vortech?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 20307
What I Drive: 12 Cloud 9 White SEL

Points 3,074, Level 34
Points: 3,074, Level: 34 Points: 3,074, Level: 34 Points: 3,074, Level: 34
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 SuperFocusMan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The powerworks kit is the way to go. but understand the fundage issue.
I think the JRSC w/ the BBK should help a little more. IMO

Off Topic question. Can you add a intercooler to the JSRC?
N/A Crew #2
Old 09-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27866
What I Drive: 04 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 tparker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No you can not add an intercooler to the FRSC. You can add water/methenol injection to cool the inlet temps. The Vortec kit can be intercooled, but the whole install on the Vortec kit is very complicated. You left off 2 other SC's in your list. There is the Progharger kit from ATI which is an intercooled kit and is a very nice set up but it does not come with tuning and you will have get the tunning. The other kit is my personal favorite kit the Focus Sport/VF SC it is resonalbly priced at $3000 for the stage 2 kit and they have a stage 3 upgrade kit coming out that has and intercooler. Also if you look at my sig you will see what kind of potential this kit is capable of.
Zetec Crew #230
Old 09-22-2005, 12:34 AM   #6
TM3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16784
What I Drive: 2004 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 TM3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
^^The PW kit comes with tuning. You send in your chip and they'll tune it for you. Am I right, or am I seeing things?
Old 09-22-2005, 12:37 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 240,849, Level 100
Points: 240,849, Level: 100 Points: 240,849, Level: 100 Points: 240,849, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
If going with a blower save your money and get the powerworks kit... Contact Tonyd at Newedgeperformance.com for a price on your kit.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 AM   #8
TM3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16784
What I Drive: 2004 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 TM3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by viney266
If going with a blower save your money and get the powerworks kit... Contact Tonyd at Newedgeperformance.com for a price on your kit.

Hell yes! I'll drink to that.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:56 AM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by viney266
Yeah, 2grand, is a lot more though... But it produces what, 30 more hp than the other superchargers... so maybe it is worth it.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:29 AM   #10
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

Points 41,489, Level 100
Points: 41,489, Level: 100 Points: 41,489, Level: 100 Points: 41,489, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The FS/ VF S/c is growing on me after seeing what it can do but I would still like to see what it can do with out head work and such

To bad you canít finance one of the powerworks kits Because I have a little extra fundage I could thourgh at it everymonth
Moderator: Third Generation Ford Focus, DURATEC Ti-VCT GDI Performance Chat & Florida regional section

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.