supercharging the svt focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2769
FF Reputation: 1 Cresho Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
supercharging the svt focus

today, i was in the 710 freeway going pretty fast....tons of trucks and all.

so i rammed to second, floored it and moved over to the fast lane and then i see a jetta trying to catch up.

so it was trying and all but i knew i could beat it.

so i want from 3 to 5 gear and the jetta caught up to me but at that time, i was already slowing down from 110. I didnt realize how fast i jumped to that speed.

to get back to the jetta story, on my old mustang, it was pretty easy to pass or put some distance on integra, civic, jetta, camaro, etc. especially if my old mustang was helm compliant for oval track racing with 3.27 gears and a svt 302.

anyway,

does anybody here have a jackson supercharger for the svt. i know ford has been working with them to make it work.....i read on another board that he had one and dyno tested around 270 horses. I can't confirm this because it was another user who posted it.

anyway. I would like to have the little extra kick

any expiriences here?

http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/sprchrgrfoc.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
Check out forced induction or do a search.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2735
FF Reputation: 1 Focusless Good Standing Member
No way in hell 270 hp with the JR kit. Closer to 200 a little more I know people running it and a buttload of other mods and are still only getting about 225 or so from it. YOu have to figure out the MAF to get more since it maxes out before 270 whp.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:53 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1178
What I Drive: '03 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Rsdnt-Evle Good Standing Member
It is the Vortech kit that kicks it up to 270 at the crank. The JR goes up to like 220 at the crank I think? Twice the power increase for $800 more bucks. And that is on an otherwise stock engine. Upgraded MAF, injectors, blower pulley, custom tuning... it could shoot up over 300 without too much trouble at all, besides getting the tuning right.

Of course you'll need an extra $800 for that new clutch/flywheel...
Old 01-23-2004, 04:51 AM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2664
What I Drive: 03 silver SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 gonezo's SVT Good Standing Member
I've heard of that Vortech charger. Is it really that good or has there been problems with it?
Old 01-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1895
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rayrevolver Good Standing Member
JRSC said 204hp at the wheels which is about 239hp at the crank if you figure the stock car is 145 whp and 170 crank hp.

I have been thinking about the JRSC, it sounds cool. But I want to keep my warranty and I am not sure it you can with it??? The extra power would be nice...
Old 01-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1178
What I Drive: '03 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Rsdnt-Evle Good Standing Member
From what I've been told, there aren't any problems with the Vortech at all. And as a bonus, you still keep the DSI, so you don't have to worry about the constant CEL coming on from the burned-out DSI motor. JR has since been including these spring-loaded sleeves to attach the DSI cable to, so the motor won't fry, but whether it will last or not remains to be seen.

The vortech is making about 250hp at the wheels on a stock motor. As for the warranty, someone who has one could better answer. I don't have one... yet.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:55 PM   #8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2735
FF Reputation: 1 Focusless Good Standing Member
The vortech and any other s/c is having problems with tuning. For the most part it's the limits of the stock MAF and the shitty Black Oak ECU.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:22 PM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2837
What I Drive: '00 Ford Focus ZX3, MTX75, navy blue

FF Reputation: 1 05MustangWanter Good Standing Member
personally im not a fan of Jackson Racing, i had a friend who burnt his on an Integra... I woudl definately go with Vortech.. Vortech along with Paxton are like the premiere superchargers for Mustangs. www.vortechsuperchargers.com 270 hp in a svt focus is friggin silly..
Old 01-27-2004, 11:18 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
Not silly Fun =)

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.