Everyone with JRsupercharges, i need your opinions. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25911
What I Drive: 02 SVT focus and 96 mitsubishi eclipse

FF Reputation: 2 02SVTscreamin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Everyone with JRsupercharges, i need your opinions.

hey im not making enough money to have some fun with my svt (eventhough its a blast right now) but i was wanting to supercharge, but i know the JR supercharger only make 200hp and 154lb tq, that doesnt seem like much at all for forced induction, but maybe im wrong, tell me how you like your supercharger, some 1\4 mile times and how aggressive it feels. i saw the video of the did with the vortex supercharger and man was that thing mean, thats how i want my car, but im not sure if JR supercharger is going to make it pull like that. thanks guys.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
the powerworks supercharger give your more hp doesnt it ?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 11582
What I Drive: My Wife

FF Reputation: 1 SVTBishop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally posted by Poney
yes and is intercooled but he was asking about JRSC
Old 09-12-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25911
What I Drive: 02 SVT focus and 96 mitsubishi eclipse

FF Reputation: 2 02SVTscreamin Good Standing Member
sorry guys i meant to say (i am NOW making enought money to have some fun with my svt)
but i appreciate the info, ive heard alot about powerworks and i would love to have somthing intercooled, (not turbo though) but powerworks is expensive as hell isnt it? how much should i be looking to spend on somthing good and reliable?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by Poney
and if im not mistaking cost like $2K more.....I just had one installed on my car and i love it. True they dont make as much power as the Powerworks or Vortec but are far more affordable and are easily upgraded to make more power. In base trim it makes about 200whp at 5psi (atleast mine does), and with the big boost kit will raise it to like 8psi i think and i donno the hp it makes then. But overall id say its worth the money, im very happy with it
Old 09-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22268
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ST

Points 1,052, Level 17
Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 svtfiend Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
the power works kit, is indeed pricey compared to the jrsc. BUT, it is a larger supercharger of the same sorts, with an intercooler, bigger t-body, and a new intake setup. quoted from their page---verified by SAE engine dyno and roll’s testing,” said Mark Blaha, Chief Project Engineer. “We are seeing 251 bhp at 7000 RPM, and 210 pound per feet of torque on the engine dyno,” Blaha added.---

thats a helluva lotta torque for a 2800 lb car!!! the price is $4995. the jrsc is only $2595 now! you are gonna see the same shape of trq curve, just at higher levels with the power works kit, because it flows more air. i would definately get the pw kit over the vortech if you're gonna spend that kinda money and don't want a turbo. the jrsc is a great value, if thats all you wanna spend. but by the time you get it intercooled (like you said you wanted), you might as well get the complete plug&play pw kit.

also, (anyone feel free to correct me here)i think power works is a division of cosworth racing, which, as we all know, designed the engine for our beautiful cars. they know their way around an svt focus! i guess it just depends on how much money you actually have to spend!! people lay down 14 flat in the 1/4 with a professionally tuned jrsc!!! imagine what the power works kit would put you at!

either way, have fun and let us know the results, for sure!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by svtfiend
the power works kit, is indeed pricey compared to the jrsc. BUT, it is a larger supercharger of the same sorts, with an intercooler, bigger t-body, and a new intake setup. quoted from their page---verified by SAE engine dyno and roll’s testing,” said Mark Blaha, Chief Project Engineer. “We are seeing 251 bhp at 7000 RPM, and 210 pound per feet of torque on the engine dyno,” Blaha added.---

thats a helluva lotta torque for a 2800 lb car!!! the price is $4995. the jrsc is only $2595 now! you are gonna see the same shape of trq curve, just at higher levels with the power works kit, because it flows more air. i would definately get the pw kit over the vortech if you're gonna spend that kinda money and don't want a turbo. the jrsc is a great value, if thats all you wanna spend. but by the time you get it intercooled (like you said you wanted), you might as well get the complete plug&play pw kit.

also, (anyone feel free to correct me here)i think power works is a division of cosworth racing, which, as we all know, designed the engine for our beautiful cars. they know their way around an svt focus! i guess it just depends on how much money you actually have to spend!! people lay down 14 flat in the 1/4 with a professionally tuned jrsc!!! imagine what the power works kit would put you at!

either way, have fun and let us know the results, for sure!!!

Exactly wut i was getting at. I think the powerworks kit, for the money is the best buy. yeah, its expensive, but look at all you get with the kit. Plus, it is made by cosworth so you know its quality. not dissing the JRSC, good sc for the price, but if you do plan on upgrading it, I would just get the Powerworks.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #8
teh tranny killer

Fan#: 15685
What I Drive: r.i.p. liquid grey zx3....now 300zx

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzx3 Good Standing Member
every time someone talks about gettin a jrsc, eveyrone always tries to stear you away...200whp is good for a super charger...remember, your not waiting for the boost like with a turbo, its always there, and makes for a more fun car !IMO!
zetec crew #23
zetec R.I.P. best standing 1/4 time= 15.260 @88.08 mph (2.275 60‘)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
it takes a minute to get used to, kinda like shaving your balls.. haha
Old 09-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22268
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ST

Points 1,052, Level 17
Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 svtfiend Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i am definately NOT steering anyone away from the jrsc. in fact, i totally plan on going that route within a year or so! he said he wanted a cooler, so i figured i'd throw in the basics about the power works kit. some people don't even know it exists yet. they just started taking orders a month or two ago for the jrsc. i'm a poor hard working bastard, and will only be able to afford the jrsc (i can't wait!!), but if he's got the dough, i would recommend the pw kit since it comes with everything he wanted in the first place!

the jrsc and 14 second timeslips is all i could ever ask for. blowing the doors offa srt-4's, cobalt ss's, s2000's, wrx's, etc. would just put me on cloud 9 for the rest of my life!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21309
What I Drive: 95 BMW M3

FF Reputation: 1 Spec3VR6 Good Standing Member
200whp in a 2800 lb car is a very good power/weight ratio. Youll be a lot quicker then you think. The top end acceleration will be VERY good for sure. And like what was said above, at only 5 lbs...thats hard SQAUT for boost...a big boost kit will do the trick rather inexpensively

i still save for the vortec kit and dont even mess around, lol. intercooler and 8lbs right there

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.