Anybody here pull TT zetech? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 26203
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 CallmeT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anybody here pull TT zetech?

In my shop we are working on TT's out a 2.0 zetech. I am just wondering after my unsuccesful search of this forum if anybody has done this succesfullly yet as a DD?

I am anxious to know if anybody has done this, mostly because its been in the works for me for the past 3 months and since I am a perfectionist in my machining I will probably not be done for at least another 3 or 4. lol I just want to know if anybody has run across any complications with this or not. So far placement is easy and we ar bridging the gap with a Y to give it that extra power. I am looking forward to getting close to 340whp and close to 300ftlbs for daily driving with an an extra 12 pounds for the weekends....

hit me up.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
i am assuming you are talking about twin turbos, cool idea i guess but i cant see the need. you will probably never see the full potential of the set-up on a stock bottom end...assuming you still have the stock bottom end.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

nosir. There is not much left stock on my vehicle except for the body and paint. lol even the body is originally zx3 but has all SVT parts on it. The way we build cars in my shop is plan for 500whp/500ftlbs so when you make it to 350 you can handle it with ease.

I suppse I am going to have to make alist of the modifications so far done. I'll get on it so you can see what I am working with.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
i think that would help so that more knowledgeable members of ff can comment on what they know.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12600
What I Drive: Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 BlueZetec Good Standing Member
Good to know somebody is doing something different, let see some pics.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #6
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 53,437, Level 100
Points: 53,437, Level: 100 Points: 53,437, Level: 100 Points: 53,437, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
If you are doing this to be differant , It should be that , 500 wheel HP can be reached with a single turbo with no problem and not much lag

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 AM   #7
Focus Rookie

Lag was the only orginal concern for going the turbo route, but with the set up IM using I hope there will nto be too much.. I am not going to drop a bomb on the turbos just yet I do not want to go hybrid I think I will stick with a stock turbos off of something like an Audi or an older model TT 300 zx.. These two turbos provide higher than average Boost than most other stcok turbos and will give me an idea of how a TT with a T3 T4 hybrid would do. I found a stock skyline turbo that is rated up to 500 hp with no problems. I may lok into that a little more.

Digital camera is on the way and I will post some pics after this weekend. I am going to be off the computer for a while and in the shop for the next couple of days and once I am back I will sh ow you what its going to look like and what it is looking like.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 AM   #8
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
its completly impossible to turbo or drive any zetech car, if you have a zetech car plz lemme know i wanna sit in it. sorry im bein an *******

proper---ZETEC
improper--ZETECH

carry on now fellaz
Old 08-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #9
Focus Rookie

Ight well when I am done with all the mods and there is not much the same when its bored out and the rest of the internals are different I am going to machine a custom valve cover that says zetech on it just for you. and I will name the engine a zetech. how does that sound??? cool???

Proper --- Useful information to help with the question at hand.
improper --- Being an complete ass and posting off topic.

Come back when you can hop off your own dick.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #10
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
well champion i did state that i was being an ass. so i dont know what crawled up your ass. your the tool who wants to TWIN TURBO CHARGE TEH UB3R Mighty focus and cant spell the name of the motor.

considering the fact you drive the damn car and you do have a zetec makes me wonder. have you ever done an oil change?

im sure you can read the top of the black valve cover, it clearly says ZETEC on there. maybe you should hope off your dick.

maybe you should try and wrench something on the car yourself maybe you should open up your eyes. stop going to the jiffy lube.

sit down

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.