need some turbo help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21142
What I Drive: 2000 white zx3

FF Reputation: 1 crashmech13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation need some turbo help

ok i got my turbo all hooked up , and i put my injectors in(42lbs) and a 2001 mustang gt maf, and iat sensor, and i have to drive the car about four hours from my house to a tuner, to get a chip tuned, so should i take out the injectors and maf or is it ok to leave them in? and where is the best place to hook up my boost gauge. i aslo need to know on the oxygenm sensor nearest the headers, which color wire is the wire i hook my A/F ratio gauge to cause there is juice to a green wire and a black wire when you have the ignition on, so which one is it? thanks i get some pics up asap for you guys.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

Points 10,444, Level 67
Points: 10,444, Level: 67 Points: 10,444, Level: 67 Points: 10,444, Level: 67
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
well i assume your gonna run either stock intake or a short ram to get to the tuner and leaving your charge pipe off, and you should put the stock injectors and MAF in to get to the tuner and then swap them back in when you get there
Old 06-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
Banned

Fan#: 15059
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 hardk0re Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Your tuner should be able to mail you abase tune provided you don't go into boost you should be OK.

Either that or put in your stock injectors and maf on your way over...

Or even trailer it...
Old 06-05-2005, 09:12 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

my tuner said he wouldnt just tune a chip for my car cause he said theres a good chance of blowing my motor, he said just bring it down and put it on the dyno so it can be perect and get the full potential of the car. anybody got any info on the boost gauge or air /fuel ratio gauge situation for me, need to know? thanks
Old 06-05-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
Banned

Fan#: 15059
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 hardk0re Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
For the boost gauge, I removed my EGR system so I just used the port on the intake manifold and connected my boost gauge up right there.

If you haven't removed it you can simply T into one of the ports on the back of the intake manifold. There are tree of them in a very easy to get to location.

As for the A/F gauge, unless you have wideband (a completely new sensor) its not really of much use. Sell the gauge you got and get a real wideband sensor that actually will be of some use to you. I bought a wideband AEM EUGO, have yet to install it but its definetly the way to go.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5452
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ZX3TUNR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Those Diablo base tunes you get just by filling out the Diablo tune sheet are pretty dam good for a base tune I was told. How ever that only works best if your tuner uses Diablo also.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:49 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

yes i have a wideband a/f gauge, but need to know which wire to connect to on the oxygen sensor.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:17 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
the wideband doesn't hook up to the stock O2 sensors. the guage you have is NOT a wideband. wideband's cost upwards of $350 depending on which company you go with. you'll have to drill a hole in your exhaust, weld a bung on there, and install the WIDEBAND O2 sensor that comes with the gauge. the most popular one seems to be the AEM UEGO. cfm sells them cheaper than anywhere else that I've been able to find.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

ok, well i guess i dont have a wideband, i have an autometer a/f gauge does anyone know what wire in the stock o2 sensor to hook this up to?, there are two hots one green with white strip and one black with white strip, just need to know which one is the right one. thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

i was looking at apexi turbo timer, it has a wideband afr and voltmeter, is that good one to get?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.