Turbo ZTS - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1503
What I Drive: 2008 F150 FX2

FF Reputation: 1 zts03focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Turbo ZTS

I'm looking for a turbo kit for a ZTS and i'm only finding them for a ZX3 and 5. Is there one fot the ZTS??? Please let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 23145
What I Drive: 2000 Black Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 butlerrd Good Standing Member
Im new to this board, but as a veteran of other car boards like the Mitsubishi Mirage Forum im on (shameless plug), Im suprised you didnt get flamed for that question and told to do a search.

I just bought a zts 2 weeks ago, and know very little about the car, or American cars in general(Mitsubish guy), but I have found out and I believe Im correct, that the model number is irrelevant, if the engine is the same.

Im pretty sure that the same zetec 2.0 in the ZTS is the same as the ZX3 and 5, so IMO(experts correct me), you could buy a kit for the ZX3 and it will work on the ZTS.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
faultlessfocus

Fan#:
We have several engines in the Focus. 2.0L Zetec (which kicks in at 4700RPM), then the PZEV, 2.3 Duratec, SPI...

Yes, I hope people are laughing with me on the 4700 thing...

Old 06-03-2005, 08:49 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1503
What I Drive: 2008 F150 FX2

FF Reputation: 1 zts03focus Good Standing Member
that's what i'm thinking about the same motor thing due to my LW fly when i bought it it was for a 3-5 only but it works on my car. I called Roush and they said that the kit only works on the 3-5 and they wernt the same motors. I have no clue what to think so yeah. If anybody knows for sure let me know please.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
the front end of the car is all the same regardless of which model it is. if it has the zetec motor in it, you can use a zx3/5 designed kit as long as it says zetec engine. any zetec zx3/5 turbo kit will bolt directly to any zetec powered sedan with no modification required.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
Banned

Fan#: 8860
What I Drive: 03, Black, 4dr focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 golden305pervert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by butlerrd
Im new to this board, but as a veteran of other car boards like the Mitsubishi Mirage Forum im on (shameless plug), Im suprised you didnt get flamed for that question and told to do a search.

I just bought a zts 2 weeks ago, and know very little about the car, or American cars in general(Mitsubish guy), but I have found out and I believe Im correct, that the model number is irrelevant, if the engine is the same.

Im pretty sure that the same zetec 2.0 in the ZTS is the same as the ZX3 and 5, so IMO(experts correct me), you could buy a kit for the ZX3 and it will work on the ZTS.
no need to be corrected..
Old 06-03-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 23865
What I Drive: 2001 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Jroc Good Standing Member
it all depends on the engine....it has nothing to do with the car its self......call a shop and tell them your car and engine they will look for you......you could always supercharge it
Old 06-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 54,108, Level 100
Points: 54,108, Level: 100 Points: 54,108, Level: 100 Points: 54,108, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 55%
Activity: 55% Activity: 55% Activity: 55%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
My kit will fit your car , I have done a few ZTS

Look here www.focus-power.com

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 06-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5741
What I Drive: 2000 pitch blk focus se sport zetec

FF Reputation: 1 blazealm Good Standing Member
its the engine as long as it says zetec u should be fine with any turbo or supercharger for u car just make sure its for zetec engine ok i notice when i was searchin for my car se sport most people would be like its only for zx3 im like u idiot the engine is the same as long as it says zetec most manufaucture dont know so i say do the research and u will find like i did that as long as it says zetec u r a safe
ati procharger, focus central 4-2-1 header, magnaflow catback exhaust magnaflow high flow cat, pro m 70mm maf sensor, focus central 65 mm throttle body, ford racing 9mm wires, ngk plugs, ford racing 42 lb injectors, eibach prokit springs
Old 06-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20083
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-red Ford Focus ZTS-S2

Points 16,554, Level 82
Points: 16,554, Level: 82 Points: 16,554, Level: 82 Points: 16,554, Level: 82
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 ztecpower Good Standing Member
I've talked with numerous people (and companys) about this very same thing, EVRYTHING will fit the same between a zx3-5 and sedan. (as far as engine parts go)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.