Those with JRSC and still have their SVT's Warranty - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11218
What I Drive: 1996 SAAB 9000 AERO

FF Reputation: 1 MIKESSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Those with JRSC and still have their SVT's Warranty

Ok this has been knocked around a bit, but I haven't found a thread with a definative answer. Those, and ONLY those of you with an SVT and have managed to keep the warranty with the JRSC, how did you do it? I keep seeing a very few of you with it done, also the occasional Ebay SVT with a JRSC and the Ford Warranty still in effect. Those Im sekptical about. I just think that the guy put the JRSC on the car and hasnt been back at Ford since the install for them to void the warranty. So, how did you do it? Bribe the service write-up guy? Haha. I wish it was that easy. Well any info, including the price of what you had done, would be appreciated. IE Fords install costs. I dont want any of those "if youre worried about your warranty you shouldn't be modding" replies. This is ONLY for those with a JRSC and kept their car's (SVT or otherwise) warranty. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 503
What I Drive: Red 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 onefastfocus02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
if i'm not mistaken any dealer installed JR superchargers are warrantied either for 12 months 12000 miles or 36 months 36000miles. i think that's how some people may have kept their warranties

*Temporary New Car* 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V in "Alert Red", 6Speed, LSD, Spec V Suspension, Free Flow Exhaust, Stock 17" Wheels

****(Til I find a good deal on a 2004+ Focus with 2.3 or SVT package)****
Old 06-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 441
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 silver02svtf Good Standing Member
You're warranty will only be void if they can trace that the supercharger is at fault for the issue your trying to claim. For example, if you have problems with your sunroof obviously your s/c wouldn't have caused it so they must honor your claim.

BTW I have a jrsc sitting on my bedroom floor waiting to be installed (waiting on the x-cal 2, bigboost kit and some dynotunning)

#1885 out of 4788
Old 06-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6312
What I Drive: 04 zx5 svt silver

FF Reputation: 1 beers-svt Good Standing Member
I have problem with my sunroof when the back it up and I try closeing it. What it the problem?
Andrew
Old 06-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 441
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 silver02svtf Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by beers-svt
I have problem with my sunroof when the back it up and I try closeing it. What it the problem?
Andrew
a little off topic here....

There is a reset function on the sunroof, it's in your owners manual. If I remember correctly you hold down the slide function until the sunroof opens all the way, then press the close button and hold it until it closes and keep holding it down for an additional 30 seconds...after this your sunroof should be reset and working perfectly. If not you have a mechanical problem.

#1885 out of 4788
Old 06-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14655
What I Drive: 04' Orange SVT Focus w/ EAP

FF Reputation: 1 superchargedSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, I had to take my car back for the wheel bearing after getting my s/c installed. Unfortunatlly for me the guys who installed my clutch and s/c didn't put the wheel nut on tight enough so I had to pay for that. Anyway, the service manager said that the supercharger had voided my "POWERTRAIN" warranty. Everything else is still covered.
Mods: focus sport CAI, Apexi turbo N1 muffler, Jackson Racing s/c, focus sport 12lb. flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch, Focus Central orp, dyno-tune, VIS carbon fiber hood and hatch, Eibach pro-kit springs, 215/45/17 Fuzion ZR1
Old 06-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 54,099, Level 100
Points: 54,099, Level: 100 Points: 54,099, Level: 100 Points: 54,099, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 57%
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Correct with a jrsc installed you will loose the

Engine
Trans
ECU
Engine bay wiring
Alt and all accs, running off the jrsc belt

The rest of the SVT will have the warranty

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.