Focus Fanatics Forum banner

If you had jrsc

883 views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
if you had jrsc on a svt ur looking around 210 hp or somthing like that what else can you do if you went that way with ur car

#2 ·
Ummmmmm? What else can't you do? Not sure what you're asking man.

You could do full internals, big boost kit, nitrous and have over 300 horsepower for the 3.46 seconds before you blow your engine? Is that what you mean?

#5 ·
Silver03SVT said:
You can do anything your wallet can handle. Just make sure you get it tuned up so everything is in sync and running at peak performance.
[werd]

You can still do all bolt-ons and internals.

#6 ·
Moving to ”Forced Induction Chat”...

Remember, the SVT engine already has some rather strong internals.
The crank and rods are notably stouter than the standard ZETEC parts.

#7 ·
Yep. But if your going FI, N20, and bolt-ons you could be asking for trouble on a stock SVT engine. Well, the crank rods and pistons may take the abuse, but the valve train may not stand up to the extra load. ShadyNinja, a member here, is running N20 and burned a valve up a while ago, he posted pics; it was pretty nasty.

#9 ·
The SVT crank and the ZX3 crank are the same , The Rods are the only thing realy stronger in the SVT vs ZX3

There are many things you can do to a jrsc engine
Cam gears
Bigger Exh
ORP
Crank pulley
Blower pulley
Water injection
TB
Larger injectors
Larger MAF
Tuning

Also keep in mind with doing all of the above it still wont have the out put of a good turbo kit and with far more money spent , If the jrsc straight out of the box wont be enough dont get it

Tom

#12 ·
1turbofocus said:
The SVT crank and the ZX3 crank are the same
Tom
My bad on the crank.
I always see "high nodular content cast-iron crankshaft" listed in SVT specs,
like it's an upgrade from the standard crank.

#17 ·
it does, SC produce almost no lag ... but you can get more TQ from a turbo and once it spoils up, hold on tight baby.

#18 ·
You guys crack me up. A preoperly sized modern turbo also produces almost no lag. The only way a SC-focus is gonna beat me off the line is if I just cant get traction...Take my dyno graph, at lets say 3k rpm, and lay if over a SC dyno graph at 3k, My torque has already peaked and holding steady, the SC is still working to hit its peak tq, which is about half as much total as I already made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.