Ok gimme an answer - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok gimme an answer

I made my F/I decision, and decided on a supercharger. Only because I think it's the best route since my car is a daily driver, and very rarely sees the track. I was going to go with Tom's kit before, but I figure I dont need to go that way, just because I'd never be able to make the full potential of the kit as I dont know anywhere around me that has higher than 93 octane. That and I just dont need all kinds of crazy power, just wanna make my car some more fun, so a supercharger will do the trick for me.

Anyway, I was considering my choices, and I was gonna go with the ProCharger. But now I'm reconsidering as I've heard, well, nothing about it on the SVT, and very little about it on the zetec. So I think that ones out of the question. Then there is the JRSC, which I dont like. Very little hp gain and hardly any torque gain. So that's out too. The Powerworks I dont see coming out anytime soon. So that just leaves me with the Vortech. Is there any reason I shouldnt go with the Vortech? Reliability? Dyno's? And does anyone have any info on the ProCharger? I've heard a couple numbers, but I dont know if they are accurate as they werent from someone who has the kit on their car. Blah, decisions decisions.

...now with dyno tuned stage 2
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2005, 01:28 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4675
What I Drive: 2005 mini cooper S, 1966 mustang

FF Reputation: 1 malconsSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i have decided the same thing, only i am waiting for powerworks to come out. i think prochargers numbers are similar to cortechs. i was going to get vortech but i hate where you have to put the battery and its a pain in the a$$ to instal so i hear. the powerworks is supose to put down good numbers so they say. and i think it wil be a better "bang for the buck". but if you cant wait i would go vortech.
hope thats helpfull
====SVT SQUAD number #113====

i drive a mini cooper S now. but im still a focus owner at heart

ASK ME ABOUT AN SVT TURBO KIT FOR SALE!! ASKING 2550!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:36 AM   #3
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 54,171, Level 100
Points: 54,171, Level: 100 Points: 54,171, Level: 100 Points: 54,171, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 54%
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I love having a product that gets ruled out because it has to much power

Wouldnt you rather have to much HP/TQ and turn it down then spend 1/3 of what you paid for the SC kit to make more when the time comes . And it will come !

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Re: Ok gimme an answer

Quote:
Originally posted by rockthezx3
I made my F/I decision, and decided on a supercharger. Only because I think it's the best route since my car is a daily driver, and very rarely sees the track. I was going to go with Tom's kit before, but I figure I dont need to go that way, just because I'd never be able to make the full potential of the kit as I dont know anywhere around me that has higher than 93 octane. That and I just dont need all kinds of crazy power, just wanna make my car some more fun, so a supercharger will do the trick for me.

Yesterday we hit 250whp & 250wtq at 12psi on 93 octane on my SVT with STOCK internals, there is more power left to be had but the clutch started slipping................ its only tuned to 6000rpm and its far from tweaked. NO supercharger is going to make that kind of torque on 93.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 05-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 14715
What I Drive: flame blue metallic 2010 focus se

Points 201,957, Level 100
Points: 201,957, Level: 100 Points: 201,957, Level: 100 Points: 201,957, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 mlowery Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
once again tom tries to persuade a customer.......i agree with the supercharger cause when you are runnin on fumes......you dont want to have to find that "special" gas to make maximum potential. just my $.02
Old 05-12-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20015
What I Drive: was SVT silver focus now black sentra ser spec v

FF Reputation: 1 shaunq Good Standing Member
Everyone love fi and well the sc is alot cheeper then u Tom or else u would probably have alot more people buying from u. Anyways a quick question for u Tom and 03OrangeSVT did u put spacer gasket to lower the compression on the orange svt. Oh and do u have layaways Tom haha jk. Unless u do if so sign me up lol.

I WANT MY FOURTH STAR SO I CAN BE A FOCUS ADDICT ALREADY!!!! lol
Old 05-12-2005, 03:30 PM   #7
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
i dont think tom is trying to steal customers i think he is stating the obvious.

vortech isnt a bad company but it is going to cost you just as much as the turbo. super chargers are nice but they normally wont give you the tq. that a sc will.

turbo charger is prove to be a better source of forced induction, that and you dont run it continuesly all the time. the vortec is going to definatly spice up your ride tho and you should be satisfied with the results.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #8
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by shaunq
Anyways a quick question for u Tom and 03OrangeSVT did u put spacer gasket to lower the compression on the orange svt.
Nope, stock compression 10.25:1
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 05-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
Haha, you crazy people, making my decision that much harder. So yeah, I'm now once again undecided on the turbo or supercharger dilemma.
...now with dyno tuned stage 2
Old 05-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 386
What I Drive: 04SVTF, 03SVTF,08F150 4x4, 2013ST3

Points 1,316, Level 20
Points: 1,316, Level: 20 Points: 1,316, Level: 20 Points: 1,316, Level: 20
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 finalley Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by mlowery
once again tom tries to persuade a customer.......i agree with the supercharger cause when you are runnin on fumes......you dont want to have to find that "special" gas to make maximum potential. just my $.02
m, why do you necessarily have to make maximum potential ALL the time, 93 oct still provides impressive results. and I don't think you want to have the fuel that low whether you have SC or turbo making lots of power. you suck air you go lean.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.