toms full kit on a svt 1/4 with 93 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 222
What I Drive: 2004 Chevy Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 bryanjw82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
toms full kit on a svt 1/4 with 93

Ive have read soo many post and been looking at soo many arguments to how fast the svt is with toms full kit and running 93 octane. I keep hearing tom say, my customers come and buy from me because they want to go fast and that getting a full kit would be stupid if your going to run 93 octane and want to run fast at the same time, and that it is defeating the purpose. I am looking into many F/I applications for my car and when i purcahse, i really want to know what im getting. I love to go fast as possible too! But i dont live at the track and i still want my car to be fast as it can be on the street, because yes i will race on the street, F/I or not. My gas stations also do not offer race gas! I can get 93 octane, I really want a straight answer to how fast my svt would be with a full kit, on basically stock svt. Just have a AEM CAI, orp, and Magnaflow. While im running 93 octane, and how it would be compared to say the powerworks comming out or the procharger and roush turbo. I dont want to be running something that can put out while im on the track with race gas, and only be mediocre on the street when i have 93 in the car. I want to have a good setup for the money. I dont want to pay out the ass for each hp, if the next best is half the price per hp, and is not off far in performance. If i have to spend 6k for a kit, than so be it, but it has to be comparable to the power its going to put out. I would be completely happy with 240-260whp, and no i would not want to come back to up the boost and gain more hp than that. I want a high to mid 13 sec. car running 93oct.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 55,166, Level 100
Points: 55,166, Level: 100 Points: 55,166, Level: 100 Points: 55,166, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 84%
Activity: 84% Activity: 84% Activity: 84%
FF Reputation: 155 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
If HP is all that concerns you than the power works is the kit for you , When you make good TQ you make load and load is what make the 10.2 compression we have to deal with spk knock

If you want 13,s on 93 you have 3 choises , Run higher than 93 , do a built engine or a head gasket to lower compression

If your not willing to spend the extra to make the higher HP/TQ safely , Than please buy the PW kit

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-02-2005, 06:58 AM   #3
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

Points 12,236, Level 72
Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
So when did PW release the SVT kit?

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 222
What I Drive: 2004 Chevy Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 bryanjw82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by b16sir1991
So when did PW release the SVT kit?
i dont think its out yet.

So your thinking id should be able to run high to mid 13's with the pw when its released?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #5
FF Affiliate

Points 55,166, Level 100
Points: 55,166, Level: 100 Points: 55,166, Level: 100 Points: 55,166, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 84%
FF Reputation: 155 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
No one knows what the PW kit will do on the SVT yet , Im just saying if your not willing to run higher octane to run more boost my turbo kit isnt for you , Keep the 200/200 for daily driving then when you go to play add some good fuel and up the boost , something that cannot be done with any SC easy

b16sir1991, Your about 30 miles from me , If there is anything i can ever do to help let me know

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #6
FocusXtreme

Fan#: 20987
What I Drive: Wicked 2000 Turbo Zx3

Points 22,756, Level 93
Points: 22,756, Level: 93 Points: 22,756, Level: 93 Points: 22,756, Level: 93
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 20 CatMostFeared Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Tom set him up with a boost controller so he car drive daily on 93 and go to the track with high octane. (If this is right)

Tom so you are saying if you lower the compression I guess 8 to 1 then can you get by with 93 octane with more boost.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:39 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3483
What I Drive: SVT-F

FF Reputation: 1 MaximussSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Re: toms full kit on a svt 1/4 with 93

Quote:
Originally posted by bryanjw82
Ive have read soo many post and been looking at soo many arguments to how fast the svt is with toms full kit and running 93 octane. I keep hearing tom say, my customers come and buy from me because they want to go fast and that getting a full kit would be stupid if your going to run 93 octane and want to run fast at the same time, and that it is defeating the purpose. I am looking into many F/I applications for my car and when i purcahse, i really want to know what im getting. I love to go fast as possible too! But i dont live at the track and i still want my car to be fast as it can be on the street, because yes i will race on the street, F/I or not. My gas stations also do not offer race gas! I can get 93 octane, I really want a straight answer to how fast my svt would be with a full kit, on basically stock svt. Just have a AEM CAI, orp, and Magnaflow. While im running 93 octane, and how it would be compared to say the powerworks comming out or the procharger and roush turbo. I dont want to be running something that can put out while im on the track with race gas, and only be mediocre on the street when i have 93 in the car. I want to have a good setup for the money. I dont want to pay out the ass for each hp, if the next best is half the price per hp, and is not off far in performance. If i have to spend 6k for a kit, than so be it, but it has to be comparable to the power its going to put out. I would be completely happy with 240-260whp, and no i would not want to come back to up the boost and gain more hp than that. I want a high to mid 13 sec. car running 93oct.
Here is the deal, if a jackson racing sc on a zx3 at 63 F is able to do 14.2, I expect it to be more for the svt the colder the temperature will get. I am not buying a nascar and I don't want a race gas. However, what is creepy is that nobody posted the numbers on toms stock kit. Or maybe tom is implenting that if you want to be fast on the streets, then go with the PW or Vortech supercharger, but if you want to be visit the tracks that are 200 miles away from your house, once a year, then his turbo will be faster after you feed it with some highly volatile gasoline. LOL, you know I've been doing business for a long time and the specs of an object has never been discreet and it makes me suspicious. No, hard feelings, like lawyers like to say "were just trying to weed out the bad doctors." Oh wait I just figured it out, SC SVT with a 75 shots of Nitrous would be equivilent to tom's kit.

Maxs

Ali.

Last edited by MaximussSVT; 05-02-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #8
FF Affiliate

Points 55,166, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 84%
"highly volatile gasoline" Um high octane fuel is LESS volatile , 93 is more volatile and 87 would be highly volatile gasoline , If your going to poke fun at me at least know what your talking about when you do it

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-03-2005, 10:40 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10701
What I Drive: 04 SVT Comp Orange

FF Reputation: 1 Liltrbo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm pretty sure I could run 13s with 93 octane. I have run 13.9s on the low boost setting. I did add a couple of gallons of 110 that day but did not try to turn up the boost. It was also only the second time I had dragged the car so my launches are better now.

If you care I run 13.30s on high octane and still have more boost to add--will be in the 12s soon.
04 SVT #778 of 1978, born Jan 7th O4.