Its ON!!! But problem (pictures!!) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 12:33 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5452
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ZX3TUNR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Its on!! Problem Still (Pictures of ECU now)

So the start went a tad off.

First the bad.

First thing I was being careless and hit the wrong bolt letting all my R134 for my a/c out. I noticed it rigth away but there is so much pressure on that thing the bolt came rigth out. What a mess. Either way I dont use my a/c and its going to cost me $50 to get it refilled.

2nd they sent us the wrong size belt. There was no way this belt was going on. Even after having 5 different ppl looking at it (2 of them being mechanics) there was no way that belt is going to fit. So thats an extra $$ for me to buy a slighty bigger belt witch did fit on perfect and its on there nice and tight.

3rd they missed to send me a the second 2 & 1/2inch, 45degree angle bent pipe. Not a big deal since I found a exact pipe to replace it. The thought thow.

4th we had to modify some of the rubber peices to, so we could make room and fit some of the plubing in behind my euro front bumper. Not very much room at all when comparing it to a us spec bumper.

5th im not impressed with the piping that goes into the throttle body. Looks very home made and un professional. Not a big deal but when paying good $$$$ you would expect something a bit better.

6th I will post this below :(

Now the good. We got everything bolted up. and it does look good. With the car lowered the piping doesnt sit as low as I thought.

This is "We"

Me (Jason)

and my buddy Noah

Making the pipe they forgot to include

Motor mount we put in to

So everything is on and good. How ever the bad :( We lowered the car back down and turned the key and nothing. Car was DEAD!! HMMM so we checked everything over and it all looks good. Tried again and nothing. So we pulled the chip out and tried starting the car with no tune. BAM!!! It started no problem. Ran like shit and super rich. The blower sounded super loud. Didnt let it run very long.

So... we pulled the computer and double check the connectors. Yup they looked clean. So we put back in and again nothing. AHHH pulled it out again and looked again. Took some rubbing alcholol and took the knife and clean them a tad more then (couldnt get them much cleaner).. Plugged back in and still nothing. GOD DAM!!! Pulled the chip out and again. The car started without the chip. So its got to be the chip that is wrong. Not sure why but I gotta call ProCharger tommorow and see what they can do for me. After having again 4 other ppl look at this still nothing.

So thats where I am sitting for now. Evetything on except a tune. Hopefully ProCharger helps me and I can get this resolved. I will post any updates..

Last edited by ZX3TUNR; 04-18-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 12:39 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7447
What I Drive: a car?

FF Reputation: 1 213slayer666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i would try using emery(sp?) paper on the computer connectors. i had the same probelm when i installed my chip. do you have a close up pic of the computer connector?
Old 04-18-2005, 12:45 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5226
What I Drive: 02' Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 spikNspan DAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
just use an obd-II flasher. much easier to use then a crappy chip.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:49 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

I well get a picture tommorow of the connectors. I was told just to clean them till you saw silver shavings coming off and thats what we did. I didnt want to take it to the copper :S
Old 04-18-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

i had to "take it to the copper" to get my SCT chip to work.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:46 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

thanks man, Im going to try again tommorow.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:51 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

good luck, hope it works out.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:55 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

i will post any updates.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:31 AM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5226
What I Drive: 02' Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 spikNspan DAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the directions I got with my first SCT told me to clean it until it had a copperish tinge, if it's not starting at all with the chip in it's definitely not getting a good connection.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #10
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
The chip itself could be bad, a couple of years ago I had the same problem. After 4 different chips we got one to work, it was something that went wrong at Diablo that caused the problems.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.