JRSC, any happy/nothappy stories, is the $ worth it? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19538
FF Reputation: 1 joebuddenZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
JRSC, any happy/nothappy stories, is the $ worth it?

please if you have or know someone who was tight on money but wanted the jrsc, did they come out happy or not. Its a BIG decision for me, so please, help a lil bro out... was the power so amazing that you almost shit yourself when you pulled out of the garage/shop?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1255
What I Drive: R.I.P 01 yellow Ford Focus Zx3 ~!Totaled!~ 96 Red Honda Del Sol Si

FF Reputation: 1 Raziel Good Standing Member
why would you go with a supercharger? sure the little bit of accleration pick up but still doesnt change the fact that our cars do shitty on 1/4s. IMO i think a blower would do better if you would tune it to spool fairly fast and push more boost then the SC... You know some should make a tubro blower that runs off the belt at first to give you the same affect as a super charger but then when it spools up enought it would run off the exaust and give u the much bigger boost that a blower offers...

dont hate me cuz i say stupid crap...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

im not sure, thats why i put up this thread to see how much of a difference the blower made, if it was worth it. Im tired of people saying peak numbers, that doesn't tell me shit. I want somebody's opinion who has been in my shoes, and went with the supercharger...

vortech kinda looks like a turbo blower, but its belt driven. not sure of its concept, never really looked into that cause its too expensive, so why waste the time.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9564
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dudley123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
K, Blower and Supercharger ARE THE SAME THING. The Procharger is the Belt driven compressor which is a belt driven"turbo" if you will. Amyways the supercharger is ALWAYS there not turbo lag. Do a search in FI thread. This has been beat to death MAny of times.
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, FC ORP, Steeda STS, HIA Intake, Prothane Tranny Mount Inserts, Hypnotic tune,
QTP Cutout, NX Wet Kit(soon to be Direct Port), SVT Head .030 Milled, Ferrea Stainless Valves, Cometics HeadGasket, Port Matched, Intake/Exhaust Ports, ARP Head Studs, MUCH MUCH MORE, Done PM if interested.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1255
What I Drive: R.I.P 01 yellow Ford Focus Zx3 ~!Totaled!~ 96 Red Honda Del Sol Si

FF Reputation: 1 Raziel Good Standing Member
same thing in priciple thug love... but very diffrent... the basic idea is to spin a turbine to push more are into the engine... but the key diffrence is super chargers run off the belt and sap hp... where a turbo blower takes waste and makes zoom zoom juice... yes a super charger is there off the line no lag... but most super chargers only kick about 10lbs boost... where a turbo once spooled can kick 15-30+ pounds boost... if you have to exact same cars but have one with a super charger and one with a turbo the super charger one will kill the turbo car first bit off the line but when that turbo spools up the turbo car will nuke the super charger car... the catch is a super charger is better for everyday driving because a normal turbo requires lots of ******g around with and tons of dyno... plus turbos need shit like turbo timers and other things to keep them cool... a super charger is better for everyday driving or for the person that cant spend lots of time worrying about his blower... A super charger is basicly used for more technical racing... like when you cant keep ur foot on the floor alot because it needs exaust to spool up and if you cant keep enough exaust to spool it u dont get any benifit... So really the thing would be finding a turbo blower that spools fast and gives you a good deal of boost and put in lots of dyno time and configuration and you'd be happy. What do you plan on doing? street racing? short bursts of speed to show people that ur the shit? or back road long streach racing... Depending on the turbo size if u were street racing in town most the time a turbo blower wouldnt kick in till its to late... But if you backed your blower up with all motor horse power then you'd be set.

dont hate me cuz i say stupid crap...
Old 04-13-2005, 08:20 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16109
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZTS 5/sd

FF Reputation: 1 I Nvr Wn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The supercharger is easier to work on and maintain...turbos are a bitch...yea a supercharger wont give you huge gains but the jrsc is very well known and has been tested...check it out

Inside: Kenwood KDC-MP628 headunit, Aluminum A/C Knobs, Aluminum Focus RS shift knob

Have you ever worked with an ERP or CRM software? If so let me know!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:34 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7344
What I Drive: dodge dart

FF Reputation: 1 02quickie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If you dont have places around you that KNOW HOW TO tune a turbo car DONT get a turbo stick with the good ol stand by SC I went down this road before and its not fun at all their was many times that I was really thinking of setting my car on fire and rolling it in to a near by lake ( NO JOKE ) and this was all because of tuning.I actually ended up selling my turbo set up because of it.Do what best fits you as for me i will be doing a procharger.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19115
FF Reputation: 1 Burnin8r Good Standing Member
it really depends on your reasons for forced induction. peaople are saying dont get a supercharger because your quartermile times will be sh!t but not everyone enjoys driving in a straight line. smaller turbos will spool up faster but they wont give you top end increases, where as a supercharger should have a much more linear output all across the board. if you re looking to bolt on some extra horses and you need your car to start every single morning, go with supercharger. if peak hp numbers are your main concern, you can afford to constantly tune and you enjoy taking your car apart regularly, go with a turbo.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

yea this thread is a lil off topic, I need opionions on the supercharger, is it worth getting a loan for 3 grand? or are the gains close enough to the gains of cams, cuz cams are a lot cheaper?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:18 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5226
What I Drive: 02' Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 spikNspan DAN Good Standing Member
Raziel is dumb...

and to answer some questions...

superchargers will definitely give you better gains than cams. superchargers are power adders wheras cams replace something currently on your car so the gains from it aren't going to be as extreme as the supercharger. and why is everyone saying a supercharger will give you a shitty quarter mile time? some people need to think before they post. oh and Raziel is dumb...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.