Thinking about JRSC. Questions. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11949
What I Drive: 2003 EAP SVTF Comp Orange.

FF Reputation: 1 Dust Puppy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thinking about JRSC. Questions.

I have been searching through the forum for a while and have not really found a specific answer to what I was wondering about so I figured I would ask.

I know this has been hashed many a time and know it is not the best of options power wise but I need emmissions so no Turbo. And Vortech is just to much work to install compared to the gains I want. Unless Turbo Tom wants to fabricate me a custom system that retains the cat. Lol. Hint. Hint. J/k of course.

I am looking to get a JRSC in a couple of months (Just got a raise and am a happy camper.) I currently have a Ford Racing Underdrive pulley. Can this be used with the JRSC and would it be advisable.

What are the numbers gained for your average bolt on Foci with the JRSC. And a good SCT tune. Forget the JR Black box. I am not looking for insane power. Just fun reliability till my warranty expires and I get a new car. At which point the Focus is going to say Hi to Tom and special stage in Vermont.

Finally last. Would it be advisable to get FR Stage 2 Cams. Cam gears and SCT first. Then JRSC. Or get the SCT and JRSC then the cams and cam gears. I am thinking I already know the answer to this and the first would be logical but I jsut got done driving an XJR and well. I want a Supercharger.

Let me know what you think.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 54,749, Level 100
Points: 54,749, Level: 100 Points: 54,749, Level: 100 Points: 54,749, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I would spend the money on STD boltons you will end up with about the same amount of HP

The jrsc is just short of worthless

Wait for the PowerWorks SC to come out and see what it does or the Vortech anything less than that and stay NA

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3051
What I Drive: Your Mom!

Points 2,687, Level 31
Points: 2,687, Level: 31 Points: 2,687, Level: 31 Points: 2,687, Level: 31
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 WinnipegZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The JRSC is not worthless. It is a cheap way to make modest forced induction gains at a reasonable price. Sure, the Powerworks system is going to put down a bad-ass 220hp, but it will cost over $5000 after installation. JRSCs have been proven systems through and through, and has a price to match. You say yourself you are not looking for BIG power, so I think it would be fine.

In terms of mods with it, here are some answers
1) JRSC with UDP = BAD!
2) If you are going to get the SC, Cams, and a Tune, I would probably get the SC first just for basics. Then when you have enough dough, buy the SCT and the cams and you can get them installed, then get a tune for your entire setup and disgard the black box. I don't think the black box gets enough credit. There are a lot of Focus owners using it.

I hope this helps. Good luck and Congrats on the raise!

Last edited by WinnipegZX3; 01-12-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:58 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11949
What I Drive: 2003 EAP SVTF Comp Orange.

FF Reputation: 1 Dust Puppy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the Info. I have always heard that UDP + SC = Bad. But there is no real defining information due to the fact that you can do SC pulleys and change belt length to counteract said pulley. And I have heard that the reverse could be done. Granted its all way to confusing. I may just try doing the SC first. As I said. I got to drive something SC'ed and I tell ya its addictive. Far more enjoyable the the Turbo in regards to delivery.

In the end as to power etc the only TC setup I have seen that is supposed to remain Emmissions legal is the Bell Engineering unit. (Remaned Aerodyne???)

1Turbo - I know the gains are near to nothing when compared to what you offer with your turbos but the emmissions issues are unfortunately prevalent. When I finally have enough money to get a daily driver and track my current Focus I'll definately hit ya up. One question. I know you offer built engine packages for a good price but how does this effect the drivability of the car. AKA if I were to go straight N/A bolt ons and hit the 170 ish WHP achieved through heavy modification and Stage 3 Cams etc. = the JRSC. In the end isn't it going to be rather unsightly to drive anywhere except a track. At which point it becomes a matter of turboing and throwing emissions to the wind. Correct me if I am wrong as I may very well be. But If I were to go for drivability and emmisions wouldn't that be the best option. I would also be curious to see what you think of the Bell Eng. Unit. I have heard mixed reviews about mounting a turbo behind the cat but then again its prevalent on some of the higher end turbo'd vehicles I have heard of. Let me know.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
[QUOTE=Dust Puppy;408779]Thanks for the Info. I have always heard that UDP + SC = Bad. But there is no real defining information due to the fact that you can do SC pulleys and change belt length to counteract said pulley. QUOTE]

UDP is smaller than the stock pulley so you will make less boost/power is you use the supplied SC pulley.
Installing a smaller pulley on the SC will make more power but once you go SC it's best to go stock or slighty bigger on the crank pulley if you are looking for more boost but make sure.... TO GET IT TUNED PROPERLY and look at the IAT very closely.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24506
What I Drive: a Volvo??!?

Points 7,008, Level 55
Points: 7,008, Level: 55 Points: 7,008, Level: 55 Points: 7,008, Level: 55
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 11 VenomRogue Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
holy 2 year old thread batman!!!

Powerworks for the win :lol:

Yes, I have issues.

Next question.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRogue View Post
holy 2 year old thread batman!!!

Powerworks for the win :lol:
Wow, I wasn't even paying attention to the year. lol

Now I see how old threads come back.
After you make a post, there's the Similar Threads section at the bottom.
I just clicked on one of the threads and it was this one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.