Focus Fanatics Forum banner

489whp SVT Focus Just got off the dyno

17K views 87 replies 18 participants last post by  700whpfocus 
#1 ·
Well guys chris (Earls32) svt focus just got off the dyno here in clearwater. Fernando@RPS came over and gave this thing a awesome tune. I made a chris a completely new Topmount setup with a GT3582r turbo and some little misc things and I (We) are all very happy with how this car is performing. It has a completely stock head with just a built bottom end, this car is on pump gas 93 oct fuel and 20psi of boost. For this boost level on pump gas is awesome to see these kinds of numbers, All pulls were done on a dynojet 224x.

15psi the car made SAE 396whp

20psi STD corrected numbers

See less See more
1 6
#2 ·
I want to thank Jim & Fernando for making this happen. Jim's got aswome fab skills, and knows how to design parts to put the power to the wheels ;). Big thanks and shout out to Fernando at Racing Parts Solutions for such an aswome powerful tune. You guys are aswome.. Enjoy everybody ;)

#9 ·
I for one am interested in this. How different is the svt from a standard zx3? I remember Jim likes his car at the strip more than your svt. If I ever finish my build I'm hoping to be somewhat close but I have a gtx3076 so hopefully I'm not too far off. I'm going with a built head from the get go though.

#13 ·
300 is fun for a couple weeks but like everything you want more.

Jealous!! Jim can I ship my car to you so I can get a top mount manifold? =)
Yea man if you want to lol. Pm me

#17 ·
Do it right and it's as reliable as any other car. My old car is still going at 40k is miles on a built motor and 35r making 450plus hp.

#24 ·
Dyno pickup was a hair off. We took it to 8k and yes she still wants move.

#26 ·
Ported head, tubular manifold, size of turbo, what a/r the turbine housing is, cams, light weight pistons and rods, all play effect on revving the motor higher.
With my setup and the turbo I'm running I have the ability to run to 9k (as long as everything holds and the power runs that high) otherwise 8500

#35 ·
So I'm happy to come across this.. I have recently decided to turn my SVT into a track car. I'm planning to start my SCCA track certification in the next month i hope.

What did you have to do to get this past 400HP internally? I'm planning to rip out my supercharger and go turbo over the next few months. but it was my understanding the SVT could only handle 300HP stock with a turbo. but i was wanting to get 350-400HP out of my engine. and if possible.. id like to keep the stock ECU and tune with Xcal3. but any advice from someone that knows what there doing would be greatly appreciated!

#36 ·
forged pistons and rods with all arp fasteners and your motor should hold around 700hp. no real need to do any aftermarket work on the head. you will need a clutch to hold the power and a fuel system to feed it. with a boost a pump and stock fuel tank and pump you should be able to get around 350-380 if memory serves. if you want more than that you need a return style fuel system.

you can keep the stock ecu and tune with an xcal3. on occasion people will have bad luck with the xcal3 with svts. you might need to locate an xcal2 or diablosport predator to do the tuning with.

the list of things you need to get to that power level is long and expensive. if you're sure that its what you want we can probably provide you with the information that you need to get you there. actually i can probably do that all on my own since i spent the last several months researching it myself on how to do it as cheap as possible while still using new components mostly.

#37 ·
wow so all the engine needs is Forged pistons, rods, and better fasteners for 700HP? that's amazingly less then i expected...

so 380HP max with just those three items and fuel injectors and your basics? then to surpass 380 i have to start messing with the fuel system?

i guess to start. what would i need, and what would it cost to make 380HP?

#38 ·
and can you link me to a Engine rebuild? i cant find one. maybe no ones done a step by step or taken any photos when tearing there's apart.. if so ill have to get a good set of pictures when pulling mine apart for future drivers wanting to know what they are getting into.. I'm hoping i can pull the engine and replace the rods, pistons, and fasteners in a few weeks time. i work full time but i have weekends off. my dads got a good shop for me to do the work in. and luckily hes far more experienced then my self lol

#44 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.