Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Some Questions

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
1) Which DiabloSport mafia do I need? Part # please.

2) Will a 3" MAF tube that is 4" long be okay? All my intercooling tubing is 2.5"

The goal is 220-240whp.

Those are the most important things for now.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
The 4 inch will be fine as long as you have at least 8 inches before a turn before and after the MAF , If you have a 6 inch tube you can get by with 5-6 inches before a bend

The shorter the MAF tube the further away a bend as to be or it has no time to help straighten out the air for a clean pass over the MAF

C-F-M also sells them and there a sponsor on this site , always good to support sponsors when we can and I am sure as good a price or better , ask for william

Tom

#5 ·
Tom nailed it. It's not just the length of the MAF tube, but how straight the air is before and after. A BOV too close will also mess up readings.

#6 ·
instead of using a mafia, I believe you can use an 05+ slot style maf?

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thanks for the advice insofar.

I bought the DiabloSport MAFia.

Now it is time to talk about widebands,

I am looking at getting the Innovate MTX-L and using a VEI Systems Dual monitor gauge. It displays Vacuum/Boost Pressure and Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio in one gauge.

I do not want an "A" pillar gauge pod set up because, I do not like them, people will know that you have a setup to steal and, I plan on sticking a set of Morel built Xtant XIS 2.4's in the "A" pillars. Plus it is 2 gauges in one space!

I am also looking at the AEM o2 UEGO as well.

What do you guys suggest?

#13 ·
#14 ·
I went with the AEM 30-4100 today.

The next question is how do I hook up the turbo timer?

#15 ·
You don't NEED turbo timer unless its a track only car. I have one if u want to buy one. I didn't use it. All u need to do just sit in the car for a minute when ur done driving, just let thecar run and oil coat the bearings and everything cool a bit before u shut it off. Worked well for me andothers can vouch for it

#17 ·
I've also burned through a turbo because you can't always sit there and wait for it. It's only a minute but people wonder what the heck your doing sitting there waiting when you're in a hurry to get somewhere, or if your late to work. lets be honest, on a daily driver. It happens. I also just made a how-to for this. hope it helps..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vcOAYJKuI7g

#18 ·
I could care les what people are thinking when I am sitting at a destination with my car on. its none of THEIR business. im never in that big of a hurry anyway, I leave room for error wherever I go

#20 ·
I agree with the turbo timer as well i have eon installed but never use it. And i have dailyed mine for over 3 years. the only time you even need to sit there is if you been driving hard with in the past few minutes of your driving. Like motherfocus said about 2-3 minutes before you reach your destination dont hit boost. simple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.