Focus Fanatics Forum banner

koke's turbo kit build

28K views 186 replies 20 participants last post by  jinstall 
#1 · (Edited)
ok some of u guys already know who i am, some dont lol first of all i used to had a 08 focus but it was stolen awhile ago so i fund a 05 st with alot of goodies (cossie cai, cossie im, magnaflow 2.5 exhaust, f2 header tuned by fswerks) for very cheap, anyways i was gonna turbo my 08 focus so i got some parts and decided to turbo my st as well :) here is the parts i got and have:

*3" magnaflow exhaust
*vaccum manifold
*fswerks intercooler
*60lbs siemens inyectors
*synapse bov
*intercooler pipping from ebay 2.5" hotside, 3" cold side
*diablo sport mafia
*turbo smart ultragate 38 wastegate
*ebay cast turbo manifold for a mazda3
*holset hx35 turbo
*exedy stage2 clutch with lightweight flywheel
*oil sandwich plate for oil feed line
*3" custom down pipe (cut and tack by me welded by a muffler shop)
*aem wideband
*jdm (ebay) boost gauge
*custom t25 to t3 turbo adapter

here are some pictures of the setup at the moment everything is bolted in and installed

much up and install of the intercooler on early stages

cold side with bov

hotside

godspeed turbo i was gonna use vs holset hx 35

wastegate turbosmart ultragate

sandwich plate installed

down pipe early stage

dp painted and welded

dp wraped

o2 bung

manifold with custom adapter

bov

turbo with sandwich plate

turbo kit finished

dp muck up fit test

wg

intake

See less See more
#106 ·
I was gonna go with Tom but I didn't wanted to deal with te hassle of datalogin but :s now I'm gonna have to do it about what tom said I did replaced my thermostat with a 180 degree one :a yeah but the thing is I already bought the advantage 3 software :s does anyone knows if I can sell it?

#108 ·
You can sell it but only to some one that has the same ECU code as you do and they would have to use your name if they ever had any issues and contacted SCT

If you choose to keep it and I do your tuning I can teach you a lot about using your software and give you a copy of your tune so you can open it and see what all is being done , you wont learn everything but you will understand a lot more on how things work if your interested , most tuners would NEVER send you an open copy of your tune file , I feel like you paid for the tune , Its yours

Tom

#107 ·
I learned a while ago you have to go where the reputation is with our cars, I tried a different tuner first and I gotlame results, car idled terribly and had misfire issues under boost. bout 2 weeks of datalogging and car runs great, my only downside is my catch can I need to weld a new fitting on to fit my hose end. also I have to do a leakdown test after xmas to make sure my head is bad. It smokes at first start up pretty bad

#109 ·
Well yeah this guys have good reputation here in ep I know they tune different cars they tune more like Hondas, supras, evos, subarus and what not but yeah I think he doesn't have that much experience with focuses

#111 ·
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do but I will have to save some money cause between the pro racer package and the tuner fees I spent like 750 dlls and I can't spend 550 more like right now :(

#113 ·
Jorge, your best bet and the best deal on the Focus is to go with Tom. He spent hours tuning my car. We must have done a couple hundred different tunes. I went from NA , with SVT header and bigger TB, to a Pro charger, back to NA, And Finally Turbo. The man knows the Focus. Trust Me. He`ll get your car squared away.

#119 ·
Haha me too ;) I plan on buying some slicks cause I don't see my drag radials getting traction lol and I'm installing next week the clutch my stock clutch is slipping already

#121 ·
Ok I have some updates I burn down my clutch :( it was the stock one, but I had a stage 2 exedy with lightweight flywheel waiting in my closet to be installed finally that day came and I just installed the clutch today its really touchy it grabs like a mofo lol now I'm saving to finish my tune but in the mean while I will do some suspension work ;)

#124 ·
Ok guy I have some updates not good ones but updates afterall lol I was gonna start with the tune again and guess what my sct xcal doesn't want to turn on I plug it in my obd2 port and the light goes on but it stays like that only the back light what should I do should I call sct? I'm not the original owner of the sct I bought it used but unlocked
And one more I went to the drags I was only spectating and I was like [:)][:)][:)][:)] it I'm gonna run it my best was a 15.3 @ 97 but my 60ft was 2.6 lol well my drs are bald but my car when is on wot it goes dirty dirty rich I was not happy but I run twice because there was a lot of dragsters my best was against a mustang Mach 1 his time was 14.7 @ 95 lol less trap speed than me and his 60ft were 2.3 i totally can go into the 13s when I finish my tune remember guys don't bash here in ep we are @ 3500ft over sea level

#126 ·
I know it is weird but I forgot it in the passenger floor so maybe because of the heat?? Idk :( I'm sad lol I want to finish it :(

#127 ·
Ok guy I have an update I'm calling sct tomorrow to see what's up with my xcal but last Friday I went to the drags I bought some racing slicks not drag slicks but they did the job really good I bought some Hoosier r80 compound tires and I did hook up really good and I put the mafia on 5%leaner so on wot it wasnt too rich and my best run was 14.05 with a trap speed of 102mph and 2.1 60ft time, remember I live in el paso it's very high here like 4000ft above sea level, 05 mustangs gt with dra and boltons are running mid 14s I also defeat a crx gutted with 14.1.0 compression lsvtec @with 60shots of nitrous I'm very pleased with my times and looking forward to fully tune my car now :))

#130 ·
same here, been dealing with lot of issues so haven't dynod. I had a vacuum hose collapse on me that ive found out why its been running like shit. then I had a failed coilpack connector. bla bla bla bla bla. list goes on. soon EVERYTHING will be brand new but the chasis on this car

#131 ·
Lol I know what u mean is like there is a force that don't want to finish ur cars :p

#133 ·
I know lol I went to the drags again my best 14.1 I can't break into the 13s im pissed lol

#135 ·
Lol yeah I know is cause of the tune I can't lunch it like @ 3k I need to lunch it like @4.5k or 5k and Ispin alittle the tires lol

#137 ·
Well I got the time local from speed factory but odk if I'm going back with them

#139 ·
Didn't knew that. Lol I'm getting a new boost controller the one I'm using is not working good I'm only boosting 8.5 maybe 9 psi lol so 13s here I go lol

#141 · (Edited)
ok guy i havent done any thing to my car for awhile but like 3 weeks ago i started. i finally fully tuned my car and for only 12psi i was stunned i was expecting 300ish but not 353 to the wheels im so happy :D

[/URL]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.