Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (
-   General Forced Induction (
-   -   Duratec Turbo kits (

idobson 11-28-2012 12:51 AM

Duratec Turbo kits
I just came across this kit from CX Racing, and i'm wondering if anyone has tried one?

Seems less than half the cost of other kits, so whats it missing and why should I buy/not buy it?

beansfocus 11-28-2012 04:39 AM

Buy it and tell us how it goes!

Seriously search, there is tons of info on those craptastic eBay kits.

If you want to go turbo save the coin for a FSWERKS kit or TOPSPEED kit.

Jgrove998 11-28-2012 06:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Please no.

1turbofocus 11-28-2012 07:25 AM

I would be interested in seeing some one try that kit , I have talked to the guy many times , the turbo is low quality but the piping and manifold looks good

I suggest a full list of what still comes in the kit and what the warranty is

idobson 11-28-2012 12:21 PM

Thats just it
There are lots of people say "No Don't do it, they are crap" but no info at all on anyone that has actually bought one.

I figure by now someone must have, and you could buy almost 3 of these for the price of an FSWERKS kit so obviously there must be some huge differences.

I'm not opposed to spendnding money if I have to, and I don't mind doing a little work to save some either, If I bought this kit and the Turbo blew up 3 weeks after i installed it so i had to go and buy a different one I would still be ahead, what else in the kit is not up to par, and where could I get it tuned?

1turbofocus 11-28-2012 01:09 PM

I can do your tuning by remote and have done A LOT of them by remote tuning and it works very well and you get free tune updates as you add more mods

The piping and intercooler looks good , the manifold looks good ,down pipe looks good I would make it a blowthrough which now days ALL turbo kits should be , I would get a parts list of what comes in the kit

The turbo use to be a OEM Garrett type turbo , internal waste gate , may want to change the BOV

But agree I have seen a lot about this kit and think its worth giving a try and I dont say that much if ever about ebay turbo kits

drunkyoda 11-28-2012 01:41 PM

i just contacted seeing if they would be willing to sell an intercooler kit.. we will see if they will offer it to me.

idobson 11-28-2012 02:18 PM

You should ask them what if we buy 2, since i'm willing to be a beta tester :)

idobson 11-28-2012 02:39 PM

Whats the difference between these 2 kits?

Also my focus is stock, I'd imagine I would need a tuner like the diablosport intune I have for my mustang, who makes them for focus?

Black00ZX3 11-28-2012 03:25 PM

looks like different turbos and you would need someone to tune your car, get the one made by sct.