Anyone have a JRSC on their SVT? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 10:59 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14567
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 UWSP_SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Anyone have a JRSC on their SVT?

Does anyone here have a JRSC on their SVT? Id really like to know how they do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2944
What I Drive: 2004 pitch black svt 3 dr #998 of #

FF Reputation: 1 greggmeister Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
And with the superchargers whether it is a JRSC/VORTECH/ or Procharger what are the 0-60 times? I really never here anybody discuss that! It seems like the biggest interest is on the HP!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2004, 09:41 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15143
What I Drive: 04 svt focus, 83 5.0

FF Reputation: 1 svtpete Good Standing Member
I just installed a jrsc i bought off ebay for 1800. It was a very comlete kit, awesome instructions, and i put it in with the help of a couple of friends. The power of this thing is awesome. 2000-5000 rpm i get 4psi and 5-7000 i get about 6. It runs great and has no drivability problems or issues. I would recommend the jrsc just for the low end power it makes over the other power adders. I have never posted on here so these are my mods listed in order. Steeda sts, short ram intake, fc orp, screamin deamon ignition and live wires, autometer lunar boost and fule pressure gauges, auto meter gauge pod, and the jrsc m62. All mods were installed by myself and i am no mechanic. I flip burgers for a living.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #4
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Fan#: 6849
What I Drive: 1988 Mazda 323 GTX

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
From my understanding; according to the owner of Amazon Racing, using an ORP Hurts the Eatons performance....at least on Cobras...I wonder the difference in Hp/ Tq with and with out the ORP....hmmm...full access to a dyno....I might have to find out. Just gotta get my SC...
Corksport IC, CFDF Clutch, 2.5" Turboback, Konis,
Suspension Tech Springs, 22mm Rear Sway, + More.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9393
FF Reputation: 1 slyfocus Good Standing Member
we just did a SVT with a JRSC and a FC TB not to long ago
210fwhp and 170lb/ft
there was a BIG hole in the fuel map and went pig-rich from 3800-5300rpm before leaning back out to an almost acceptable level.
this was with the stock MAF and injectors and the JR black box for tuning.
the customer is going to drive it over the winter and then we are going to bring it back in the spring stick it on the dyno and up the boost to 10psi, tune with a Predator, injectors and MAF. probably going to get a ORP and magnaflow cat back on there aswell. we expect around the 250fwhp and 200lb/ft mark and completely streetable.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:02 PM   #6
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Quote:
Originally posted by slyfocus
we just did a SVT with a JRSC and a FC TB not to long ago
210fwhp and 170lb/ft
there was a BIG hole in the fuel map and went pig-rich from 3800-5300rpm before leaning back out to an almost acceptable level.
this was with the stock MAF and injectors and the JR black box for tuning.
the customer is going to drive it over the winter and then we are going to bring it back in the spring stick it on the dyno and up the boost to 10psi, tune with a Predator, injectors and MAF. probably going to get a ORP and magnaflow cat back on there aswell. we expect around the 250fwhp and 200lb/ft mark and completely streetable.
What are your plans for intercooing the 10psi compressed air?

I have some tricks up my sleeve and I have a target of 250 as well...
Old 11-16-2004, 01:57 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

10psi from a M62 blower is nothing so no inter/after/mist-cooling is really needed. well it's a good idea but the cost/benifit ratio isn't so we will just run it as is. down the road a small nitorus shot pre-blower made be added for exteme use but other than that we know it will work fine. i have seen a m45 push 12psi with nothing cooiling the charge running fine and a M62 on a cobbled together GSR kit running 14psi with no cooling, both of them laying down good numbers and driven almost daily.

up here we have 94 octane and the climate is mild year round..... summers dont get much hotter than like 35C and it rarely dips into the freezing area, humidity is not a problem although it does rain quite a bit. tuning the JRSC'ed SVT to run 10psi with no cooling on 94 in the climate i am in is easy. where you are or anyone else for that matter, may be a different story.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #8
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Quote:
10psi from a M62 blower is nothing so no inter/after/mist-cooling is really needed. well it's a good idea but the cost/benifit ratio isn't so we will just run it as is. down the road a small nitorus shot pre-blower made be added for exteme use but other than that we know it will work fine. i have seen a m45 push 12psi with nothing cooiling the charge running fine and a M62 on a cobbled together GSR kit running 14psi with no cooling, both of them laying down good numbers and driven almost daily.

up here we have 94 octane and the climate is mild year round..... summers dont get much hotter than like 35C and it rarely dips into the freezing area, humidity is not a problem although it does rain quite a bit. tuning the JRSC'ed SVT to run 10psi with no cooling on 94 in the climate i am in is easy. where you are or anyone else for that matter, may be a different story.
Wow, an M45 at 12psi!! Thats like....wow...I had mine at 7psi on my 99 Miata and I was told I was near redline on the SC.

I knew the M62 could pump out more boost efficiently. Im going to up the efficiency with the port job though. The intercooling is just for good measure. It gets in the 90's with 789% humidity in the summer, so, I'm a little leary. During the winter months though...theres a nice chill so Im not too too panicked. We'll just see what the tune tells me..

I'd love to push 14psi, just not sure how the hi CR will feel about that!

If it blows, Im in the right spot to do an SVT8....call it the Fobra!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:29 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

on your miata it might have been because the blower was right over the exhaust....?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:25 PM   #10
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Quote:
on your miata it might have been because the blower was right over the exhaust....?
Well, yeah, thats not the greatest, but I mean at 7psi the SC was spinning really fast...they DO have a redline. You can only spin something so fast before efficiency goes in the toilet. I was close on the Miata. The M62 blower however can spin faster, and pumps out more air...

I CANT WAIT!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.