Procharger S/C? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5933
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Iarmeister Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Procharger S/C?

Hey all, as I'm exploring options about how I want to make my car go faster I contacted ProCharger about their new s/c kit for the svtf. They sent me their brochure, but also a letter saying their isn't an 'application for my car at this time'. Of course, they also included a picture of their project focus and an svtf on a dyno with a graph showing power #'s ranting and raving about their new 10psi pulley. What gives? Anyhoo...before I contact them directly, has anyone heard about when they PC will officially release their c-1 s/c app. for the svtf? I'd also be interested in hearing from folks who have it (if it's already out) what their thoughts are about it's daily drivability and street performance (like, for when stomping on the pedal to crush Honda's is a must) is.

Holla...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Yea, I know that if I'm wanting to dust evos and sti's and srt4's Tom's Turbo is the way to go. I'm not entirely sure about what my budget will be come May when I start executing my well conveived plan (mwaaa-haa-haa!) of making my svtf quicker. I'll probably be able to afford Tom's Turbo. But, emissions in Cali are a real bee-otch, so that IS a concern. I also need to find a mechanic and garage that is reputable and whom I trust. Plus, my svtf is my only car at the moment, so it has to retain it's daily driver-friendlyness. I've looked at the jrsc and at vortech. Between those two, the vortech is more appealing bc of it's better power output. The jrsc is more appealing bc it's on Fords Racing Catalog, so I think it's more supported (guessing at this) by Ford.
I'm hoping to compare those s/c's to one another and narrow the field. Obviously, when it comes to Turbos, from what I've read on these boards, there's no need to compare -- Tom's is the ONLY way to go. And, based on folks testimonies here, I believe that to be true...

Still, just checkin' around to see what my options are...

BTW, do you know which thread Blox was on perhaps talking about the the Procharger?
Old 11-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Did I also mention already that I'm in Cali? =) and =( at the same time!
Old 11-02-2004, 01:59 PM   #4
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

Points 5,930, Level 49
Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49 Points: 5,930, Level: 49
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
How much HP is that Procharger putting down on their SVTF project car?

I know the Procharger is not even out yet, but from what you guys have heard is it going to be as reliable as the JRSC?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 495
What I Drive: 2008 VW GTI 2006 Ford Explorer LTD

Points 18,644, Level 86
Points: 18,644, Level: 86 Points: 18,644, Level: 86 Points: 18,644, Level: 86
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 blackandgold Good Standing Member
Reliability should be pretty good. I could see a probability of belt slippage happening and also the Supercharger itself has to be maintained since you don't have to drill a hole into the block for oiling like you do with the Vortech. As far as the HP rating meister should give you that since he has the official brochure.
^ what the hell is that supposed to mean, you quote me and then put down some american eagle sh**
Old 11-02-2004, 03:28 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7344
What I Drive: dodge dart

FF Reputation: 1 02quickie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Im looking at the procharger myself infact before i saw this thred i was on the phone with them.I have a zetec and live like 2 hrs away from where they make them so the way i look at it is they are close and i can get all kinds of support from them i also was given a # to reach a whole saler of it and they said they have installed about 5 of them and so far so good no problems at all the price i was given was $3559.60 for the full kit.Here are the hp tq #s i got from them 210 wheel hp @ 6200 and 184 tq @5200 and at 4600 175 this unit puts a pretty flat tq curve down. Heres the contact info i was given from pro charger MCracing 1-913-789-9888 i think his name was adam
Old 11-02-2004, 04:33 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1313
What I Drive: 2002 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 wrcRS Good Standing Member
I will be looking at the procharger option soon myself. For such a small amount of boost and the great racing background that Procharger has it will be interesting how this kit turns out.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:17 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

210 whp and 184 tq...is that for the standard zetech or the svt tuned 2.0? Those aren't bad numbers at all if it's on the standard zetech block. I'd be super curious to see what the #'s would be for an svtf...

Also, thanks to svt tour for the #...completely far away from my 408 area code, but hey! If I like what I see, I'll give'em a holla...

=)
Old 11-02-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2792
FF Reputation: 15 Yel900rr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I have 1 of the kits. We are doing ome testing with a 15 lb pulley. Let me know if I can help you out.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:02 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Hey Yel', Would LOVE to know how that kit drives on your car. I'm looking not only for performance #'s, but also straight drivability comments. i.e. tranny upgrades? lsd installation? gas mileage..etc.etc...Also, which engine are you testing with a 15lbs. pulley? I know the svt engine is highly compressed, so if you're testing on a svt zetec how is it holding up under that much boost?

I know that's kinda tall order, but I'm really curious to see how this s/c holds its own against jrsc and vortech...

Holla...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.