Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2nd gen Duratec turbo build Oil lines

8K views 71 replies 10 participants last post by  Hughesy27 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm currently building a turbo kit for my 2010 2.0 and have just about everything I need. Just need to fabricate a downpipe, tune and oil feed. For the duratec guys running turbo, how long of an oil feed line are you running and does it have to go all the way to the oil sending unit?

Here is a link to the build thread as promised: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4193346#post4193346
Parts I have:
F2 tubular manifold
Isis rs3871 turbo (JB version of the garrett 2871 for a 1/3 of the price and 1yr no questions asked warranty...I'll Bite) I'll post pics and numbers when it's done.
FMIC (Cold side purchased from sporadic) Fabricating hot side soon.
42lb injectors
Knock of cossie IM
Gauges, BOV, turbo timer, O2 housing for start of downpipe.

P.S- in order to get photos on here I have to do photo bucket or what? Sorry new to this.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm currently building a turbo kit for my 2010 2.0 and have just about everything I need. Just need to fabricate a downpipe, tune and oil feed. For the duratec guys running turbo, how long of an oil feed line are you running and does it have to go all the way to the oil sending unit?

Parts I have:
F2 tubular manifold
Isis rs3871 turbo (JB version of the garrett 2871 for a 1/3 of the price and 1yr no questions asked warranty...I'll Bite) I'll post pics and numbers when it's done.
FMIC (getting cold side from topspeed shortly) Fabricating hot side
42lb injectors
Knock of cossie IM
Gauges, BOV, turbo timer, O2 housing for start of downpipe.

P.S- in order to get photos on here I have to do photo bucket or what? Sorry new to this.

i know that manifold :p it looks good in black ;) hey that turbo manifold it looks really good ;) it was a f2 header right?

#5 · (Edited)
I got lucky on it. I was just messing around on eBay and typed in duratec turbo and that popped up as the last one. Got it for 100 shipped brand new. Looked it up online and everywhere I looked said it was an F2 tubular manifold. I know some of the Mazda guys were running this and liked it. Anyone on here ever try one? I had a cast one from eBay, bottom mount for internal waste gate, but my turbo was gonna be a little to close to the block. I like this fitment a lot better.
I was wondering, from what I have been reading on here is the stock clutch can handle around 250tq, is this right?
And Thanks for the IM Koke I'll put it to good use.

#6 ·
No the stock clutch is not gonna handle that much is gonna slip and that manifold looks good though good buy. And ur welcome I was regreting that a sold the im but the st I bought it already has the real cossie im so I'm happy now lol :)
Posted via FF Mobile

#7 ·
Yeah I kind of figured that for the clutch. Exploring my options right now. Also debating on getting a second engine just for my build. Forged internals, studs, and ported head. Have a junk yard close by that has a lot of duratecs most were hit from behind engine bay looks good. Even have an 09 there with the engine still so nice low miles and they are cheap there. Should have everything finished around September. Sucks spacing it out but with two kids and school full-time, can't really spring for a full kit from fs or topspeed.

#8 ·
That's really cool yeah I will have to build my engine later on but @ the moment I'm gonna run it like this. I'm not gonna push that much psi anyways
Posted via FF Mobile

#11 ·
Bump on the oil feed length. On a side note, a little update as far as my parts list goes. I just bought my cold side from Sporadic. Thanks again for that.
Also, for those wondering about the fitment with that manifold and the O2 housing. Next week I will be doing a fitment test to see if that PTA alternator will be in the way. I'll post some pics for everyone. Thanks for all the input guys.

#15 ·
Ok cool. Yea I'm definitely exploring my options for a clutch. I might just go low boost until I do my engine build and then do the clutch when I do everything else. Also, what's the deal with the differential in the 2nd gen? I keep trying to look it up to see what it can handle. Not really sure what the deal is with the traction control. Anyone had any issues when upping the boost? Put that on my to do list with the engine build. Thanks again for the replies everyone.

#16 ·
There are like two is the torsen t2 and the quaife iircc
Posted via FF Mobile

#17 ·
Ok, thanks for the info koke'sfocus. Gathering up all of the little stuff right now. Next week I'll be picking up an oil pan to tap into for the return. Getting a second one so I don't accidentally mess up the good one that I have. Test fitment should still be next week sometime. Will definitely post pics up for everyone. I'll do some measuring then for the oil feed. That's it for now, keep the replies coming. Any suggestions are welcome too.

#18 ·
U r welcome man :) and about tapping the oilpan I bought a fiting so I'm not tapping the oilpan I don't remeber the size of the fitting I thinks is m7 and an-4 that's for my oil line
Posted via FF Mobile

#19 ·
m7 and -4 AN for oil drain? No.

You either need to tap your windage tray or your oil pan for oil drain. There is NO factory hole for an oil drain. You are probably talking about the oil feed, which you can take a bolt out of the head or the block for. An oil drain should ALWAYS be -10 AN.

#20 ·
Thanks guys. yea for my turbo the oil feed is -3an. Already comes with the fitting on the turbo. Now is m7 the size for the oil sending unit? Might do something similar to what sporadic did on his for that.

answered my own question, if you read the label it says 1/4 npt.

#21 ·
Is m7 the oil return line that goes in the oil pan I have the fitting is like jgrovees turbo build check it out that's what I'm doing either way and for the feed line I bought a adapter for the oil filter is like a doughnut
Posted via FF Mobile

#24 ·
Yes u can let me get to my house and I'll post the pictures off the sandwich it has like 3 or 4 holes
Posted via FF Mobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.