Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Top Speed Or FSWerks Stage 2 Turbo Kit

8K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Roushturboedzx3 
#1 ·
I've been looking and it seems to me that the Top Speed kit would be a better kit for the same price as the FSWerks kit.

Which one do you think is better?

When I get the money saved up I want to purchase one or the other and I would be running either kit on a stock motor.

Top Speed - $3995
Turbo Kit Includes:
Top Speed Turbo Manifold
Top Speed Intercooler Kit
Top Speed 2.5" Charge-Pipe Kit (W/T-Bolt Clamps and Couplers)
Top Speed 3" MAF Tube
Top Speed 2.5" Mild-Steel Downpipe
Top Speed Wastegate Dumptube
Garrett GT2871 Turbocharger
TurboSmart Comp-Gate 40 External Wastegate
TurboSmart Vee Port Pro Blow Off Valve
Lines and Fittings
60lb Injectors
SCT X3
Tuning

FSWerks - $3995

Stage 1 Turbo kit - 8 PSI
Garrett GT28R turbo with custom modifications
Garrett GT28RS and GT2871R options and upgrades
Internal wastegate actuator
Cast turbo manifold
Stainless steel downpipe with integrated flex and o2 sensor fittings
Powder coated plumbing with bead rolled ends
3 and 4 ply silicone connecting hoses
Stainless steel hose clamps
Heat wrap for all critical components
42lb. Bosch fuel injectors
Water line kit
Stainless steel braided oil drain
Bosch Diverter Valve
Custom MAF housing
ITG Maxogen air filter
FSWERKS / SCT X3 ECU flasher
Stage 1 ECU programming (Upgradable to Stage 2 - Call for details)
Free dyno tuning session - call for details

Stage 2 Intercooler kit - 11 PSI
Front mount intercooler
Powdercoated plumbing
3 and 4 ply silicone hump hoses
Stainless steel hose clamps
Turbosmart manual boost controller

See less See more
#2 ·
Top Speed, better parts and an upgrade path.
Its what I would do, if i had the money!

Reactions: Poppa SmuRRf
#3 ·
Lets not get another debate started on this.....

Both kits have been proven to make big power. Both are reputable companies that provide excellent service to the Focus world. Both companies provide excellent tuning.

FSwerks kits have been on the road longer so you know they are reliable. Top Speed's kit is fairly new to the market but I don't have any doubts on the reliability of the kit; but again that hasn't been proven yet.

Really the choice is yours...with two proven kits there really isn't one that is better than the other.

\close thread [thumb]

#6 ·
Something else to consider is TIME... FS has their kits in stock and ready to ship. How long will it take TopSpeed to get a kit to you?

#7 ·
I will most likely go with the Top Speed kit mainly because of the turbo manifold design and the MAF is a blow through style instead of being a log style manifold and suck through style MAF of the FSWerks kit, Also the Top Speed kit comes with the GT2871R which is a upgrade for the FSWerks kit. I guess you could say I already had my mind made up but I mainly wanted other peoples opinion on both kits to see which one people liked more or which one would be better for a stock motor, I know that the FSWerks kit has been around longer and might be a little more reliable, but why not go with the kit that can make you more power for the same price.

#8 ·
Well, on a stock motor, making more power isn't the best characteristic to compare; however, you will make the same power on less boost with the Top Speed setup.

#9 ·
Well if I go turbo the plan is to run on the stock motor, but eventually either build up my motor or get a longblock and build that up over time and eventually swap the motor over and have a built motor that way. Of course that wouldnt be for a while as it would probably cost more to build the motor than the turbo kit itself. Also Im not looking to purchase the kit any time soon Im probably looking to purchase in about a year or so. So that gives me more time to decide on which route I want to go

#12 ·
yes and no for ht emotor build...you can get deals on things ppl bought brand new and never opened and decide to sell and if you build yourself you save lots of dough. i think fo ry engine build i spent bout 2 grand. and my kit with everything all included was 3 grand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.