Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Drunkyoda's budget turbo build!

17K views 94 replies 16 participants last post by  drunkyoda 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been contemplating this for too long. i think its time. im going to put a list here add anything you want. and if you have anything for sale for cheap lmk.

ok so im trying to piece together a full kit for around 1000 not including tuning.[:p]

we shall see if it can be done.

LIST:
Turbo- already got for $40... very minimal shaft play. only axial. means no up and down shaft play. i think i got an awesome deal here. trying to figure out what the flange is though. It is an old Garret(airresearch) turbo off of an izuzu turbo bus. haha

Intercooler-

42lb Injectors-

oil lines and fittings-

Water lines and fittings-

Wastegate-

Blow off valve-

Piping-

manifold & downpipe- 200 from a member

downpipe- see above

Tapped oil pan-

boost gauge- free with turbo

a/f gauge- free for christmas

I already looked at my other options and this is what i want to do so please dont clutter the thread saying you should go with this kit or that kit...

any other help i am welcomed to having. hope to update you guys some more.

See less See more
#18 ·
Get us a real pic of the turbo. Put a soda can next to it so we can see how big it is. Might be a little big for your car if it's off of a bus...

#24 ·
fellow fanatic had a deal! getting obx turbo mani and downpipe very soon.

sorry for the delay... i almost sold my car. but realized i have too many bills right now to get a better car.

Turbo build commence!

#28 ·
ok boys and girls i got some big progress!!!

im ordering a brand new spa turbo kit.

although it is not intercooled it will give me room to grow.. you know.. upgrade turbo. bov... get intercooled... all down the road. i think this is a very good starting point for only 900..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.