Focus Fanatics Forum banner

42lb inyectors or 60lb?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  03OrangeSVT 
#1 ·
Hey I'm making my own turbo kit I have almost everything, I only have two Qs? I'm installing a super 60 stage 3 turbo I'm going to put a 3inch downpipe with 3inch exhaust cutout, knock off intake manifold,and 42lb inyectors my engine is stock but I'm trying to get the most out of it should I get the 60lb inyectors? I'm gonna push only 12 psi and the other question is my waste gate have 2 springs inside should I take out one?

Thanks in advance
Posted via FF Mobile

#2 ·
2 springs means it will be 14psi from my experience unless its a stupid strong spring. so yes take it out and get a boost controller. Also go with 60 pound injectors so you wont have to change them when you want more pooowwwwaaaa later.

Also sounds like that turbo is going to be way to big for what your going to be doing.

#4 ·
Tom do u think is the turbo is way to big? And so should I leave both springs? I know one is for 14 psi and the other is 7 psi I think
Posted via FF Mobile

#5 ·
Can someone educate me?

If you are only running 12 psi of boost why would you want a 60lb injector?

My years of Mopar 4cyl turbo experience the T2 engines that ran 12 psi of boost stock came with 30lb injectors and full Super 60 setups with cams and head work that ran 18 psi only used 50 lb injectors.

I would think that ecu would have a hard time throttling down a 60 lb injector for off boost driving resulting in the engine being overly rich.

#7 ·
I'm using 42lb injectors in my ST.

Your sure the springs aren't one=7 psi and the two combined=14 psi? To hit your target boost you will want to use the exact spring or a spring that is rated lower than the target boost and then use a boost controller to up it to your target pressure. You cannot get a lower boost pressure than what your spring is rated for.

#8 ·
one is 7 and the other 14 i think one i longer than the other one so i should only use the longer one right? is less stiff

#10 ·
Ok thanks tom and everybody :)
Posted via FF Mobile

#11 ·
I would say to only use Inj Calc's for a reference. What I mean by that is bigger can be better,,, but only if the injector is of very good quality.
You wan the car to idle well and you want to make good power. This requires that the injector cover a lot of ground, in PW. So you want very good control at very low PW's, for idle quality, and predictable flow at high PW's, for power.
That means you want to go with something that is either proven on a Focus (duratec by the sounds of it) or something that is well documented (which from what I hear Delphi is near the top of the heap).

So what I say to do is look for a an injector that flows well at very low PW's, is well documented and is still big enough to fit your power goals ... and try to go with the newest design possible, which in your case means that if it requires an adapter / it's not for you, stick with an EV6 style injector. Which is to say, you are doing the correct thing by selling the current 42# EV1 injectors you have.

#12 ·
well almost everybody uses the adapters but yeah i will look for some ev6 injectors

#13 ·
this are the two springs i have the one in the left should be the 7 psi right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.