Focus Fanatics Forum banner

lets get this snail moving..

24K views 120 replies 19 participants last post by  GodLovesUgly 
#1 · (Edited)
i say snail because i won't have time/money to get this finished until my next autox season, which is in March. YEP! i'm going to SMF!!

i do however need your help as this will be my most extensive performance install.
first off, here is a list of what i currently have.

Comp Turbo W/ V-band installed
SPA manifold with adapter plate for Evolution WG
~ Siemens Deka 60lbs injectors
3" CFM MAF Tube
Diablo MAfia
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
2.5 dowbpipe with V band
Greddy type RS BOV
OBX Intercooler and Piping
Oil lines, from head to turbo and turbo to oil pan
Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller
Auto Meter Ultra light Boost gauge
Welded Oil Pan
J&S safegaurd
Xcal3

What i NEED

Catch Can
Crankcase
Vac Hoses

i know i need to get an A/F gauge, Tune, and Knock sensor gauge (not req. but i want it)

but i wasn't sure what else i needed at this point?
i know that i should upgrade my clutch and flywheel, but that will have to wait until March.

i'm planning an install meet at my house on October 30th, so i'll have some friends give me a hand with the actual install.

thanks for the help, i'm sure i will have a lot more questions..
GLU

See less See more
#4 ·
Awsome, welcome to boost....& ...SMF you're gonna love it!!!
Wish I was closer to give you a hand. We may be that way in the spring to pick up a car & swing by.
Good luck on the build, any quest. Just ask.

#18 ·
SMF = make your own stuff :D

Custom turbine flange back or go home ;)

Good luck, watch out for those honduhs. FWIW all cars but one (mini s) at nationals were civics. And get moar tyre!!!

#19 ·
i saw that, do you know if those honduhs were boosted?
i have one 94 si locally that just went turbo so he will be my competition. as well as a VW 227 boosted to hell.

i want more tire, but that means i'll need to go custom..

#27 ·
i'm in need of a flex/orp/cat for my car. eventually i'll be going with a 3" exhaust so i would prefer to pair that with a 3" "orp" are there any out there? people that fab and are willing to make them for others?

also, is it terribly bad to be boosted on the stock exhaust? (svt)
i'd only be running like 7-9 psi on the stocker.

yep, another question!
i'll be tearing my car apart here pretty soon and i was wondering about how you guys stored your cars while putting your kits together? i don't think i'll start tuning until the spring, because in my mind i feel like the winter would skew the results.. any truth to this??

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.