Focus Fanatics Forum banner

PWSC with a P0133 HELP !!

9K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
ok well i been dealing with a few things with my svt ,
one was a misfire in cy. 3 that was due to
water filling up around the spark plugs from
my F2 hood letting in the water...(i have new ones on the way)
but the 3rd plug wire came apart as i pulled it out so
i put on a MSD coil and massive wires
no more misfire

i also had a code for my O2 so i put in a used one i had and that code went away (cuz the wire got cut )

took it for a drive and i thought i was good , but about a day
and a half later i got a P0133

i put in a new IAT and cleaned the MAF , and put in a diff used MAF i had laying around and the same thing
also put in a diff O2 in to see if the first one i put in was bad

NOW--

the car will idel just fine and if i drive around and slowly get on the gas it drives ok but if i try to step on it it just goes no place, sounds like crap and the AEM A/F reads over 17 and the car feels and sounds a little like the
traction control it kicking on ..

i have looked up what it can be but wondering with what the car is doing what might it be

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) p0133 refers to Bank1, Sensor1 being slow to respond. This may point to a failing sensor, or simply an intake or exhaust leak. Any gas leak can lead to unmeterd Oxygen in the system. This code may also be caused by fault wiring or connection on the sensor circuit.

Also did you forget to unhook the battery to reset to the other parts? Not saying your stupid but we are known to overlook the simple.

#3 ·
Yea it for the O2 sensor and it can make your car run like crap. what I do because I go through O2 sensors like crazy. (I know nobody likes Bosh sensors) but if you get it at advanced auto parts they come with a lifetime warranty, and every time mine goes out I just take it back to the store and get me a new one. O2 sensors are so EASY to mess up. it might be causing all your problems or you problems could be due to the fact of water being on your plugs. Replace your O2 sensor and change your plugs with a new set of SP463 and reset your battery and let us know from there. Maybe even do a compression test just to rule that out

Chris

#6 ·
Interestingly, I have about the same problem (re: idles fine, slowly depress accelerator = fine, mash accelerator = engine flutters/seems to bog/goes nowhere) with a carbureted '72 Pontiac 400. That could have been ignition (changed coil, no change), carburetor (new carb on its way from California), next...exhaust...as in rusted out, deteriorated old steel mufflers that my receipts indicate were installed in 1987...which I remember having done, because I was there when they were put on the car!

I know it's the longest shot in the world, seeing venomrogue here offering advice dredged up terrible memories of my PWSC car which idled fine, and went well if I slooooowly depressed the accelerator, but if I mashed it made a terrible noise but went essentially nowhere fast...when my CAT's gotten blown out and clogged up.

Twice.

I think it's probably as others have noted--some sort of leak--and you should definitely take Tom's advice and really run down this problem with a scantool, but if all else fails, who knows? The CAT might be the culprit.
In any case, while it's a long shot, it can't hurt to just take the thing off and look "down the hatch". It costs nothing just to check it (unless you have to really wrench/cut off those bolts).

Oh, and while I've chewed through 2 Bosch units early on, my Denso O2 sensor has held up fine over the years for what? Four+ years?

Cheers,

Scott

#7 ·
As tom said, Ohm out the tps sensor with it unplugged and do a slow sweep of the throttle and see if there's any opens or high resistance. If you have a oscilloscope that would be even better it might have not thrown a code for the tps but it could still be bad or even unplug it and drive it and if it gets better then tps sensor it is

#10 ·
before i put in a new 02 today i had a P1132 pop up

but after putting in the new one it still runs like s#it
and i cleared the codes with my SCT

[scream][:(!][scream][:(!]

#13 ·
the new O2 has been in and data loged as workin fine

well the car is still not up and runnin right , i been busy with my other 2 SVTs
but ..

tha car now has a P0300 that is a random misfire -

P0300 - Random Misfire The random misfire DTC indicates multiple cylinders are misfiring or the PCM cannot identify which cylinder is misfiring.
Camshaft position sensor (CMP)
Low fuel: less than 1/8 tank

soo...should i replace the CMP cuz i know its not the gas
and a few other things that can make the code are EGR
stuff but i have an SVT so none of that

i stated to take some stuff apart to check wires and stuff
and on the plug that goes to the coil i found this:

now i know it needs to be fixed but is just a little wire showing
something that would make the car run the way it has been?

thanks

#17 ·
ok well F #ck i fixed the coil wire pig tail
and replaced the cam CMP
and the car still runs like it did ...

so i got no clue what the hell is going on

#20 ·
P0133

I had the same issue with my powerworks. I bet you 10 bucks you throw in a oil catch can on you pcv you stop sucking oil through causing you O2 sensor to act up. Also a quick check pull you PCV line and I bet there is oil in there. If you dont wanna pay 70 bucks go to homedept and pick up an inline filter for 12 bucks in the air compressor section and go to auto zone and pick you up some 1/4 inch hose and connectors and cut you PCV line and install that inbetween.
http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmoilseparatorforfocuswith00-04zetecsvtengine.aspx

FYI dont listen to people that say as soon as a O2 sensor code is up buy a new sensor. There full of shit. 9 times out of 10 it isnt the sensor. You can replace the sensor a dozen times, turns the light out for a while but Like Tom said its a vac leak or somethink upstream causeing you sensor to trip out and the light will continue to come back if you dont fix the root problem. Thats why the sensor is there. But in your cause I bet its the need for the catch can. It solved my issues no p0133 and a happy filling catch can which i have to dump about every other fill up on gas. :) Enjoy the supercharger man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.