Focus Fanatics Forum banner

588whp 500tq just got off the dyno :)

77K views 481 replies 65 participants last post by  700whpfocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Well back after a good/bad night lol

Ok well when it was time for my car to get on the dyno it was late 5pm and the dyno closed at 7pm so we were really rushed but. We made a couple pump gas pulls and it made SAE 440whp on 19-20psi only revving to 7k the graph is still climbing hard and i think there another 15-20whp left in her but we were time crunched and said lets just do c16 tune. Got it all situated and made a couple runs. Ended up doing SAE 588whp and 500tq at 29psi. BUT the clutch is slipping so bad we had to stop there. we only made about 3 c16 pulls because the clutch is slipping so bad. besides that lol when it does catch it literally spins my Dragradials on the dyno. we have 4 straps up front and 2 ppl standing on the door sills yet the turbo is coming in so hard its spinning lol, we all thought it was funny. So SAE 588whp is the only semi clean run which its not finished cause of the slipping and spinning. it has more timing left and its at a 10 something afr. and to top it all off my slave cylinder went out tonight and i limped it back to the hotel till i get a trailer to tow it home. but lets just say 550whp 2j is300 cant hang ;). all and all it was a long day but it was awesome. BIG THANKS to Fernando for tuning her, we were beating up the foci and she running strong motor wise.

ANNNNNNNNND

Chris svt focus made SAE 435whp on pump gas, she riding hard. still a completely stock head. and the graph looks awesome holds the power all the way till 7600rpm.

O also all runs were literally on a 100degree day with 30% humidity :/

STAY updated for videos and the graphs will be posted tomorrow when we get them

See less See more
#364 ·
If i sell the car for asking price I'm gonna give whoever buys it the slicks and headlight intake. If i don't get asking price ill sell them to you.

:( sad sad day the day Jim no longer wants his focus
I want and still love my focus I just want something else now. Ive done a lot to this car and I'm running out of things to do lol, plus its time to go 9s in a street car.

I remmber the beginning of this thread saying " don't sell this car!" Lol seen lo of money thrown at focus's and turned around and sold for qtr of what put into!
Yea man it is sad to look at I've got many threads about diff turbo setups and new things on this forum. But its gotta come to a end at some point. I still own a 2012 focus so its not like I will be leaving here.

#366 ·
Yea man of coarse. Im not gonna disappear from this forum or anyone on here. [headbang]

#368 ·
How much you want? Had I not JUST bought my Z, I would have considered your car. I'm sure it runs better than my MS3 did, heh.

#370 ·
I still haven't officially posted it for sale yet lol but i would ask 13k for it, and it would come with slicks and headlight intake

Almost want to purchase this
Dooo it lol

#373 ·
sorry to see your focus go. loved what you have done with it. but i deff understand. good choice on the 5.0. ive seen a lot of videos of the things and they really are impressive. i think ford actually did good with this one

#377 ·
Yea my dad owns one and it made a believer out of me lol. couple ppl doing 10s with bolt ons :)

Ur in FL and out of my budget :(
boooo lol

13k, damn, could have afforded that too. Granted, not sure if a bank would finance that old of a Focus for that much, hahaha.
shoulda, coulda, woulda lol no the bank won't finance 13k for a 2002.

Straight up trade boost controllers?
no thanks this one is dialed in.

#375 ·
13k, damn, could have afforded that too. Granted, not sure if a bank would finance that old of a Focus for that much, hahaha.

#379 ·
LOL i sell you the boost controller for 13k it come with a focus also

#383 ·
Well the focus is sold and i pick up my new 2012 GT premium on thursday :)

#389 ·
Whats going on. I didnt know it was you he was talking to, cool to put a name with a Screen name lol

#390 ·
[bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling][bawling]

#398 ·
Decided length when ordering. Jegs did not had them in 6ft so got 10, with shipping down here it was cheaper than Summit. Just changed the pump and that fitting is leaking, the extra length will help re-routing the line. thank you for the part numbers.

#403 ·
lol no ive got some junk turbos i use for mock up thats it tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.