eBay Turbo Kits are NOT a direct fit for the focus and are POS
I don't know how many times people on here have to keep saying this:
EBAY TURBO KITS WILL NOT FIT THE FOCUS.
They ARE NOT complete (do a freaking search). The require fab work. They require a REAL turbo, not some Chinese knockoff.
I don't care if you think the supposed "OBX manifold or intercooler is good," the rest of the kit is cheap for a reason- IT SUCKS.
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] Read post #5 for reasons why these suck [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
eBay kit #1
eBay kit #2
eBay Kit #3
eBay Kit #4
eBay Kit #5
eBay Kit #6
eBay Kit #7
eBay Duratec Kit #1
Buy one and let me know how much it will cost you to "try" to finally make it work and how long it takes until your engine blows. I'll be here to say "I told you so."
You will spend as much, or more, than a legitimate kit for the focus.
Please look at the kits in the REAL used kits Buy-Sell section and the kits from our sponsors.
you should give more info, reasons why ebay kits suck and then perhaps more people would listen.
however you are correct ebay kits arent good at all.
Classic example of
Cheap - Fast - Reliable
^ you can only have 2 of those at any given time. Choose wisely
I will post more info.
1) Cheap oil line fittings. Yes, they are NOT Earl's, Russell, Aero, or XPR. They are extremely poorly manufactured. I have held these side-by-side with the real deal and it's scary. The machining is horrible and not straight and these WILL leak and WILL cause your turbo to fail.
2) Crappy couplers. I bought a single coupler from eBay to compare with Brand Name 5 layer silicone couplers. I think the layers are non existent as these look like a single rubber piece. Good luck trying to add boost and having one of these blow off or apart.
3) Crappy, fake, unreliable turbo. The turbo is no-name. No specs are given, ever. Just a bunch of supposed specs without any flow rates, dyno's, etc. It is cheap and will fail, guaranteed. It will not spool NOR make good power NOR be reliable.
4) Knockoff Wastegates and Blowoff Valves. Some say these are fine to be cheap on, esp the BOV. If you buy a cheap fake BOV or WG and spend thousands on a kit, why cheap out now and get inferior products? What is another $100 when you've spent $3-4,000? Get a real WG and BOV and save yourself from problems later on when these fail.
5) Crappy intercooler. Some will say the intercooler is great. How do you know this? Do you have a picture of the intercooler from the inside of the hose end connectors to show how the fins are arranged to actually show it will flow and cool? You don't, nor do they ever show these pics, nor post how efficient the intercoolers are.
6) Intercooler piping is universal and won't fit. None of the pipes will fit the focus. They are pre-made sizes. You will have to spend hundreds to make them fit and you'll more than likely need more piping.
6) Oil (feed) lines are crappy. I've had one of these fake ones. It's scary. Not flexible at all, very long and will not fit well or look good. The connector ends are cheap and just like the hose fittings, horrible cast and WILL LEAK. The line ends are also crimp so there is no way to shorten the line if need be. You will have to make your own line to have a proper one.
7) No oil return. How are you going to return the oil to the oil pan or block? You don't have an oil pan with a bung nor taps for the block to make one.
8) Gauges are completely crappy. No brand gauges. I wouldn't trust these to be accurate, look good or perform in any way shape or form.
9) Downpipe sucks. All of the parts are mild steel. They WILL crack. That nice silver shine will go away fast.
10) Oil catch can is a joke. No baffle, nor will they tell you info on it. If it has a "baffle" it will consist of a sponge inside the can. Really now, a sponge?
11) No air filter. How are you going to protect the turbo from sucking crap in? You won't because you dont have a filter nor a connector to it in many cases, nor will this fit.
There is more but that's it for now!!
Another reason: if you cant spell or make coherent sentences I won't buy from you:
Wonder what happened to the huge advertised numbers at the top of the page......
Thanks for the info...I did not know I could get a turbo for under $1000.00!!! If I order two kits will it go twice as fast?
^^Just order 6, that should be just enough to enter orbit, lol.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.