Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Xecutionr's TURBO BUILD

9K views 98 replies 17 participants last post by  bmylez 
#1 · (Edited)
Just like the title says, i got a deal on a turbo setup that just needs a set of injectors and a tune and I am good to go.

getting the kit installed later this month and getting the tune from tom at the end of december or first week of jan (paychecks).

This kit is NOT TOP Brand its mediocre, but that is all i need for right now, just planning on running 6psi for now until the internals are built up. then i will replace the parts to top brand/quality parts. I am NOT going balls out on this setup right now, i am not stupid lol. just looking for some umpf in my ride.

here is the pic of the turbo setup

i will get more once i get it this weekend. [hihi][hihi]

FUTURE Upgrades:
Garrett GT28RS Turbo
Eagle Forge H-beam Connecting Rods for '00-04 Focus Zetec
[Go to Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve 40mm]
Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve 40mm
CFM Zetec High Performance Short block.
Ford Racing Cylinder Head, Camshaft, Cam Gear Combo for '00-04 Focus Zetec (Exc. SVT)

these upgrades are WAY down the road

11/16 Update!

Picked up the turbo on sunday, and it was everything I was expecting!
no shaft play at all whatsoever and that thing is def brand new can't even tell it has 750 miles on it.
only downside is that the boost gauge is in BAR so that means im gonna run .42 boost ;) [hihi] just means about ~6.1 psi
the intercooler was REALLY light i mean ridiculous light weight, that is a plus im guessing lol.

Installing the intercooler this weekend and prob slapping on the turbo too, getting everything setup in the car to run the wideband and boost gauge. also installing the oil pan with the bung welded in.

Things to get:
Wideband - 169.99 (ebay)
MaFia - 150$ (mcnews)
siemens 60lb Injectors - 178$ (mcnews) OR a set of 52lb injectors in the BST forums

11/20 Update!

got the front bumper pulled off
Removed EGR system
mocked up how the inter cooler is going to set in.

there is a better shot of the turbo in those pics...

See less See more
#41 ·
lol the only question i have now is the bungs in the ORP...
sorry but the forums are really screwing up and i think my posts got screwed up along with it.

#42 ·
You need 2 working bungs , One for the Main front stock o2 sensor , need to keep this close to the turbo or no further back then the stock location of the ECU could loose the Cyl pulse needed

One for the wide band air fuel gauge , this can be anywhere even in the ORP bung or add a bung somewhere where its easy to get to so you can change the wide band o2 if needed

Tom

#44 ·
here is a pic of my ORP on the turbo. see there is one bung already with the o2 sensor in it. then no other bungs, also another pic attached is of the long tube header with the bung i want to take off and put on the ORP.

#46 ·
It will definitely work. It's a little sloppy to hack off an O2 bung from a pipe and weld it onto another one, but if your buddy can do it, go for it. All O2 sensors are a standard thread. You wideband will fit.

#47 ·
i wanna see some pics of this thing installed to see if it has any fitment issues with the ac and powersteering. ive seen this manifold and downpipe set on ebay and wondering how well the fitting was between the mani, turbo, Downpipe and wastegate. from the pics you have of it it looks pretty good. any gaps between the flanges mounting to the turbo or wastegate.

#55 ·
well now the last things to get for the build is the MaFia and the o2 bung, wideband sensor for the gauge, and like 2 pieces of tubing for the turbo to filter.

#61 ·
ok guys the last of it was ordered today..
MaFia was ordered through Mcnews for 150$ with the 36 inch harness incase i need to move things around.

the wideband sensor was ordered through ebay, a reputable seller. for 69.99

and the bung was ordered through ebay for 1.24$ lol

next week its time to get things done but most of it will be getting done over christmas break for me. so ill update with pics though once i get everything in.

#62 ·
Awesome. I'm really really curious to see what the OBX setup can do. I'm sure all the vendors are hoping it fails, though, haha.

#64 ·
got all the parts in the other day, gonna start tackling this project on the 18th, (when i get back from finals for my christmas break) then i should be able to get it datalogged for tom.

FYI anyone needing a MaFia don't buy from CFM they are ridiculously high priced, buy from mcnews they have all types (lengths of wire loom) for the same price of 150$

#65 ·
well... im back from college.... and work for the next 2 days from 9 am till 5 or 3. gonna be getting thigns done in the evening...

going to drill out the hole for the bung in the ORP and then weld it on. BTW question... where should the wideband sensor be in the pipe? about in the middle of where the cat would be?

#66 ·
To prolong the wideband's life, AEM recommends 36" away from the turbo. A lot of people run it closer, but 36" away would work as well.

Reactions: xecutionr
#68 ·
.....it is *literally* in the instructions that come with the AEM wideband sensor that it can be placed 36" away from the turbo. I don't know how much more cut and dry you can get. The manufacturer recommends it. It's like arguing that the SVT doesn't require premium fuel...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.