Zetec Turbo Build: 230-250whp, then 330+whp
I thought I would finally post my plans as this is getting much closer to being all put together after a long time collecting parts:
* My goals are 300-330whp once I put in the new engine I am building.
* Current goals on the stock engine are 230-250whp.
I suppose I will start with a parts list, let me know if I am missing anything:
- 2002 ZX3, manual tranny, 88k on clock.
INITIAL (on stock block):
- Turbonetics T3 super 60 .43 AR turbo, ceramic exhaust coating, polished.
- Turbonetics EVO wastegate (multiple psi springs)
- Custom manifold by TurboFab
- Custom DP and WG dump by Top Speed
- SVT 2.5" trubendz exhaust conversion
- Zetec 2.5" trubendz flex pipe
- 50lb injectors
- 2000 Intake manifold, ported
- Focus Central 70mm throttle body
- 180* thermostat w/new housing
- Lakewood traction bars --> might switch to TopSpeed's new design once out
- FS lower stress bar --> Will have to come off as the dp will not clear with it on
- CFM billet aluminum tensioner
- Massive 3 piece UDP
- Gates racing timing belt and acc belts
- Focus Power piping and intercooler
- Greddy type-S BOV
- Innovate wideband AF gauge
- AEM TruBoost turbo controller gauge
- Autometer digital oil pressure gauge
- STR high flow fuel rail
- EGR blockoff plate
- CFM breather plate
- SCT flash tuner
- TopSpeed battery tray/catchcan, slim battery, new terminals
- New much better conduction 1666 strand power cables, new grounds.
- stage3 coolant tank
- stage3 power steering tank
- JayRacing aluminum coolant junction
- New silicone vacuum hoses
- New billet aluminum vacuum junction
- ARP head studs
- New silicone coolant hoses
* I am switching all of the cooling system including hoses to -an hoses from 16 for the largest, 12 for mid size, and -6/-8 for smaller lines. Dominic is going to make a me a new -16an billet flange and fitting to attach to the stock thermostat housing as well as fab up an aluminum radiator w/-an fittings and side tanks.
* I am converting the entire power steering system from the retarded rubber and hard lines passing over the header to complete -6an lines with a fluidyne cooler to replace the makeshift crappy stock cooler. (Check posts on pgs 2-3+ for info on this and progress. It will soon be made as soon as the snow stops and I can go outside and take some measurements).
POST BUILT ENGINE:
- 2000 zetec block
- 9.0:1 Probe pistons
- Eagle Rods
- Stock bearings
- New svt oil pump
- new svt water pump
- Centerforce billet 9lb flywheel
- Torsen T2 LSD
- APR flywheel bolts
- ARP main bolts
* I may be missing things I have but I will try and remember...
* All of the above I have already bought and have installed some parts.
My questions are:
1) I need a clutch at some point, im sure it won't last long. I need some recommendations. I dont have a ton of money for this so an Exedy hyper-single for $1,100 isnt good lol.
2) I was going to have Terry Haynes from HMS install my LSD...he recommends getting the tower keyed, recommendations?
2.1) I was also thinking new shift forks in the tranny if i do a complete overhaul?
2.2) I wanted to lower my final drive gear to one from a duratec or zetec to a 3.41 (if i remember the num correctly) with pzev. Reason being to ease the power off the line for better traction.
3) I know my T3 super 60 is good for 325-330 if i remember correctly. What would be a good replacement after I want more power?
I'm gonna have more questions, but I will appreciate thoughts, comments, suggestions, criticisms!
that's a REALLY nice build you got going on.
lookin very good, im subscribed
wow looks sick. what colour blue is that?
your better off with stock coil over the msd
Had to buy new rear discs and pads.
Dismantled all calipers and took them in for powder coating.
That was about it yesterday. Didn't get too much time for [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*.
also painted the front discs black so they won't rust.
I got for the rears:
- Hawk HPS pads
- Centric blank discs, black.
Those are some sexy motor mounts
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.|