Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#494 ·
On my struggle to get more out of the zetec and do this thread title veracity @ 20psi here are some updates.

Found a 90 degree reduced elbow from 2.5 to 3 to weld to the turbo.

Chaz has reverse engineered an intake mani so that the charge pipe comes from the passenger side, Jim is going to weld it up.

And hope this one holds up.

#502 ·
No, I got a second new CEA center cartridge, while the first was being serviced. Went to pick it up and made a deal with the rep who has a shop, he will order the coilovers,iinstall them and corner weight the car for the cartridge.

#507 ·
It's the new CEA turbo which spools faster, is DBB and the manifold helps too. At first it had leaks and the spool delayed.

thats a very steady hand. i cant keep that steady yet. i do pretty good with ss cause i can move more freely but im not close to being steady enough to get that look on aluminum. mine looks more like the welds on the turbo outlet now, nothing wrong with it but it doesnt look as much like art as that manifold need to lay off the monsters i guess...

Tim
Jim can really weld, he's found the sweet spot in the metal and the settings in the welder, I'm sure he practiced a lot and the pieces are awesome. The collaboration between Chaz and Jim is the best of both worlds. Tim you got serious skills and you are not afraid to ask, yours will turn as good soon.

#506 ·
thats a very steady hand. i cant keep that steady yet. i do pretty good with ss cause i can move more freely but im not close to being steady enough to get that look on aluminum. mine looks more like the welds on the turbo outlet now, nothing wrong with it but it doesnt look as much like art as that manifold need to lay off the monsters i guess...

Tim

#509 ·
oh wow that is some beautiful welding. no way in hell i could do something like that. i feel bad about welding a muffler into an exhaust with a wire welder under a car where its never even going to be seen.

#521 ·
last I checked tavi had everything ready to install but has been putting it off. I recently put a new head gasket and new arp studs in and it runs a lot better. I got a slow oil drip somewhere and it gets on the downpipe and causes smoke under the hood and to blow in the vents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.