Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#233 ·
I got that code when my MAF wasn't plugged into my MAFia all the way. When I reloaded my tune and hooked everything up correctly, it went away.

#234 ·
MAFIA is connected but is set on a base tune Fernando did just to start, going to take it to him Monday, just remembered the base tune said without mafia and it is connected. Thanks.

#243 ·
I was concerned as well, checking all the time, has already 280mi and it has not change, they are slightly out too. Just visited Fernando have a punch list to do, lol, and then finally to the dyno. BTW saw your latest welds, they look very good!!

#244 ·
thanks buddy ill make a thread on what ive been up to lately. but ya next time you see fernando give him a friendly punch lol then say Jim wanted me to hahaha

#245 ·
After having problems with the timing belt and the battery light along some details before the dyno, replaced the belt with a SVT one and the regulator in the Bosch alt for an OEM so the ECU will "regulate" it. Soon...

#259 ·
please tell us ur covering that cam belt all it takes is one little stone and poof goodbye engine

#268 ·
LOL got 30k miles on my car with no bottom cover and no top cover.

Sucks about the electrical issues man

#264 ·
Lots of electric issues, alt is not charging, cable is inadequate, bought another alt and did the same. When installing the second pump, for some reason the gauges are not working correctly. Fernando manage to get 350hp without retarding time or setting cams degree, it's got potential but have to resolve the issues first.

#266 ·
I think this car will make around 380-420 on pump gas at 20psi once all the issues are fix.

The car made 350 at 18-19psi with low timing so we would see whenever is fixed.

Fernando

#274 ·
Ya tru it just is frustrating when the little stuff makes a big effect

#279 ·
Got my car since Tuesday in the hands of a professional, Fernando was kind enough to have it and fix all the issues it had. Main battery cable was replaced with 1/0 along with the terminals, replaced the alternator pigtail, reconnected all gauges and Monday the tank is coming down to fix the power to the pumps and replace most fittings. Going back to the dyno probably Wednesday and feeling much confident in finishing the tune and having real numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.