Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#158 ·
That helps lol. I'm not knocking it or anything. But ik a little about no traction :)

#162 ·
I know, 1, 2 and third gear you must spin, but 10lbs difference if it is that in TOTAL FRONT WEIGHT is not going to help traction much, the curse of FWD.
With the bigger than average FRIM, size of my intercooler and the reinforced crash bar the total front weight is not much different.

#167 ·
Yeah, I used to think the titanium wrap was super cool looking...but stainless is definitely sexier. Sorry you to have to wrap it [:(]

#168 ·
Today was priming the oil pump and noticed the timing belt is running a bit out of place enough to touch the side plate of the mount. Just ordered a guide pulley for it but anybody has had this happen? Just want to make sure.

After wrapping and silicone sealed is in.

Couple of inside pics, forgot one for the CFM grid pedals, will add later.

#169 ·
does your crank timing pulley have the washer made on the outside of it to keep the belt in line. i know some models had a washer separate and some had it built on.

#171 ·
you have turned the engine over correct? it could line up if you turn it over. i dont think the washer is required and most dont have it...

#177 ·
You know mine rides way closer to the edge than that so mother focus your good

#174 ·
It was actually touching and began to peel push the belt a little back but it reaches out. When I saw a little rash in the belt, 45 secs turning it over, stopped took the crank pulley out and everything seems ok. Ordered the guided pulley, should I get the blue gates? Overrated? Have to do the timing again anyways.

#176 ·
Maybe over reacted taking it out then, if I ha turn it more probably will fall in place like Turbo Turtle said, and had oil by the feed. The belt freak me out, the guided one is for peace of mind.

#178 ·
That pic was taken after pushing it in, if you look closely to the belt will see where it "brushed". Will do the guided one, verify the tensioner and re do the timing.

#184 ·
Man that tank is a work of art !!! Also I have the Blue gates timing belt. After a while you cant keep it clean any more. I am going back in black on the new engine. Also getting the Billet timing belt Idler from Mark. Mine rides like yours does. But that will stop with the new idler.

#185 ·
Dominick's work is CLEAN some parts you just want to stare at, this will free up some space. Will keep the OEM belt, mine was actually touching the mount. Waiting on the pulley to move on, shipped already maybe Tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.